C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

DIY: Bluetooth Stream Music + Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C300 Sport
Thumbs up DIY: Bluetooth Stream Music + Controller

Hey all,

I don't always like listening to the radio. Sometimes, I prefer to listen to the music on my phone; be it Pandora, or local files stored on my phone. I'm sure most of you can sympathize. The following tutorial is for anyone in these shoes:

1. Wish to listen to phone via AUX but cannot find the cable
2. Wirelessly control newly AUX connected phone
3. Wirelessly stream music to vehicle
4. AUX audio is too quiet for your liking

What you will need:

1 AUX extension cable (make sure that it is double-male, and that the male ends have 2 black rings around the silver/gold connection portion -- this means stereo sound)

Samsung Stereo Clip-On Bluetooth Headset for Samsung HS3000 Samsung Stereo Clip-On Bluetooth Headset for Samsung HS3000

1 PHP Audio Sound Shocker Pro

BESTEK 75w charger dc ac power inverter BESTEK 75w charger dc ac power inverter

I will address each and every one of these problems throughout this brief tutorial.

Answers:

1. Can't find your AUX port? Me neither. Not until I found a thread that described where Mercedes (at least for the C300s) sometimes place the AUX port. Take a look at your side glove compartment. That's right, open up your passenger's side door, place your hand against the side of the glove box. That side paneling comes clean off. There are ~4 plastic latches. Carefully pry it off, starting from the bottom. Be careful not to break the latches!

Then, look for a black piece of electrical tape and peal it off. That's what's covering the AUX port. Weird, eh? Now, get that long AUX cable you purchased and hook her up and listen to some tunes!

2 and 3. For me, there are two problems here. 1. I like to skip tracks without reaching over and pushing my GPS mounted phone. 2. I like things to remain charged without me having to charge them anywhere else. So, with your newly purchased Samsung bluetooth headset, plug it into your AUX cable that you hooked up earlier. Then, attach your Bestek power inverter so you can take the Samsung's 12V charger and plug it in and keep it powered on whenever the car is on with no worries! Just walk into your car, and it will auto-connect. Also, the Samsung bluetooth headset will wirelessly control your bluetooth device; e.g. skip tracks, play, pause, and volume control.

4. Last but not least, the AUX being artificially lower than the rest of the vehicle, and a low bass response. This was a big deal to me. I purchased the Sound Shocker Pro preamplifier and my sound quality in my vehicle is much richer and louder than on the regular CD, SiriusXM, radio, etc. setup. It is passive and requires zero power. This thing is boss.

Well, I hope that this helped bring insight to perhaps some of your problems. This has certainly made my audio experience enriching while driving my C300 sport.

If you guys have any questions, please post them here!

Cheers!

Last edited by glj12; 06-21-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Maybe I'm not reading it right but you connect one end of the audio cable to the aux port of the car and the other end to the bluetooth device. Then you plug in the bluetooth device to the adapter but where does the amplifier goes? And you said you don't like to reach over to your phone to skip, change tracks so how do you do it?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:02 PM

C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Junk151
Maybe I'm not reading it right but you connect one end of the audio cable to the aux port of the car and the other end to the bluetooth device. Then you plug in the bluetooth device to the adapter but where does the amplifier goes? And you said you don't like to reach over to your phone to skip, change tracks so how do you do it?
Sure, let me map it out better:

AUX --> AUX cable --> amp --> cable that comes with amp --> bluetooth receiver

Within the Samsung bluetooth receiver, it comes with buttons built onto the device for playback handling and what have you.

Does this help?

Cheers,
--glj12
Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
show some pics!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Merc C300 sport, arctic white, P1, MM/Navi, iPod kit, 20% Tint, C63 Grill, X-Pipe, HID DDM Kit
So do you still have the steering wheels functionality of track fwd and track rev with this method?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:27 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by myinternetsucks
So do you still have the steering wheels functionality of track fwd and track rev with this method?
I don't believe so. You'll have to have the bluetooth adapter close by but I'm sure the OP can clarify.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:28 PM

C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Junk151
I don't believe so. You'll have to have the bluetooth adapter close by but I'm sure the OP can clarify.
Correct, no track control change via the steering-wheel, as this is typically for the iPod integration kit.

The buttons on the bluetooth controller/receiver are what I use to navigate through my tracks.

Does this help clarify?

And yes, I will put up a few pics once I get the time!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 PM

C300 Sport
BAMP.

Edited the post to change it from Fiio to Sound Shocker Pro. This is much more suitable as it is a passive preamp that does NOT require batteries. Win.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 AM

W204 C350
Originally Posted by glj12
BAMP.

Edited the post to change it from Fiio to Sound Shocker Pro. This is much more suitable as it is a passive preamp that does NOT require batteries. Win.
I did some research from your OP and there's nothing wrong with the Fiio, just buy dual usb car charger.