C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Replacement Head unit (audio 20)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 w204
Replacement Head unit (audio 20)

I was wondering where I can find a replacement head unit. I have the audio 20 system (the small 5 inch screen) I have the "disc unreadable" error for the 3rd time since I've owned the vehicle but this time it hasn't "fixed itself".

I've searched and only came up with "clean the disc" or "try another disc" which none of the above has worked. The past few times this has happened it just started working again on its own. Now I think I'm at the point where I just need to replace the head unit. I've looked on parts .com but didnt see it. Also googled it and came up with nothing. I've been keeping my eye on the classified section but have yet to see it there either. The only place I saw one was ebay from an international owner with a $200 shipping fee .

Lastly I've even bought a "laser cleaner disc" but got the same error, so wasted $10 on that. Riding in silence or listening to the regular dreaded radio is killing me.

Thanks for any input, Eric
Old 02-15-2015, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Stumbled onto this thread after searching for head unit upgrade. What did you finally do? I upgraded my speakers and noticed that my RR channel may be blown as it sounds distorted. I first thought it was the speaker and confirmed speaker is fine after using another speaker. Metra and Scosche now makes a double-DIN kit along with the interfaces to use your steering wheel. You can also get a single-DIN kit from either Germany or Asia.