C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

anyone else have this type of c300 sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204
anyone else have this type of c300 sport?

hey everyone, new to the forum. recently purchased a 2009 c300 sport. just wondering if anyone else has the model i have in regards to a "base model" i assume.. this was the only good c-class within reach as far as condition and miles.

this vehicle doesn't have navi, memory seats, folding mirrors, electronic steering column, wiper sensor, dimming mirror, etc.. basic i guess, only carries power seats and power windows. just curious as to why is that..? i understand some features are a plus but seems to me that most of these features should have been "standard".
Old 09-29-2012, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
I don't know about the rest but isn't folding mirrors standard for 2009 c300?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:49 PM

w204
not this one, no button for them. manual folding.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E350
All the mirrors fold, but power folding mirrors was an option.
Yes, I have the exact same model in a 2010. Very base but I'm ok with that.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:52 PM

w204
Originally Posted by Cleanbenz
All the mirrors fold, but power folding mirrors was an option.
Yes, I have the exact same model in a 2010. Very base but I'm ok with that.
cool, so there is others. does yours have silver trim interior?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by jk_aktion
cool, so there is others. does yours have silver trim interior?
Yes, I have the aluminum trim which is part of the avantgarde package.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 PM

2010 E350
The only option I really wish I had is the rear folding seats.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:00 PM

w204
yea that would be nice to have. wish i had the wiper sensor, it rains a lot in florida.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
hey everyone, new to the forum. recently purchased a 2009 c300 sport. just wondering if anyone else has the model i have in regards to a "base model" i assume.. this was the only good c-class within reach as far as condition and miles.

this vehicle doesn't have navi, memory seats, folding mirrors, electronic steering column, wiper sensor, dimming mirror, etc.. basic i guess, only carries power seats and power windows. just curious as to why is that..? i understand some features are a plus but seems to me that most of these features should have been "standard".
"Should have been standard" is a bit subjective. There are people that probably feel the same way as you and just as many who think you're talking crazy. I think it comes down to being able to offer the car at a certain price point. Obviously, it's a bit different when you're looking at used cars. But, consider the effect it would have on the base price of a new car...

Although I was glad to pay the premium for these options, many people do not see them as necessary and would rather NOT pay a premium for them. If you didn't care about navi, memory seats, power steering adjust, and power folding mirrors, wouldn't you feel turned off by the fact that these items are adding to the base price despite the fact that you neither want nor need them?

You have to pay to play. And it works out, because some people would rather not play. And please, don't say it should have all those options included as standard equipment "BECAUSE IT'S A MERCEDES BENZ".

There are many things, other than electronic gimmicks and gadgets, that makes our car a great one.

Originally Posted by Sportstick
You make your fundamental point very well without that bolded sentence. There is no need to apply a negative label to our OP, especially as he is new to the forum. Let's all be nice, even when we disagree, please!
I agree. I've edited my post.

Last edited by dcjwlee; 09-29-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 PM

Also, I thought power folding mirrors were standard equipment up until the 2009 model year C classes came out. At which point power folding mirrors (a cool feature but it seems like a gimmick to me) were exchanged for multi-position power memory seats... maybe not as cool but a far more functional piece of standard equipment.

Originally Posted by RLE
Power folding mirrors were fitted to 2008 models only. After that they were fixed and there was no option to add them. This has been discussed hundreds of times sine 2009.
Yes, that is what I was trying to say. But it didn't come out quite as eloquently...

Last edited by dcjwlee; 09-29-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
You may want to research 2009 model year optional packages P1 and P2 to see how the content was offered. It seems your car has neither. I was only able to find a P1 when I was shopping.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
"Should have been standard" is a bit subjective. There are people that probably feel the same way as you and just as many who think you're talking crazy. IMHO I think you're being a little naive when it comes to the simple economics of this equipment being standard. Obviously, it's a bit different when you're looking at used cars. But, consider the effect it would have on the base price of a new car...

Although I was glad to pay the premium for these options, many people do not see them as necessary and would rather NOT pay a premium for them. If you didn't care about navi, memory seats, power steering adjust, and power folding mirrors, wouldn't you feel turned off by the fact that these items are adding to the base price despite the fact that you neither want nor need them?

You have to pay to play. And it works out, because some people would rather not play. And please, don't say it should have all those options included as standard equipment "BECAUSE IT'S A MERCEDES BENZ".

There are many things, other than electronic gimmicks and gadgets, that makes our car a great one.
You make your fundamental point very well without that bolded sentence. There is no need to apply a negative label to our OP, especially as he is new to the forum. Let's all be nice, even when we disagree, please!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
My 2008 was purchased in 2007 and it was nearly impossible to locate one on a lot with P2 and Multi-media back then unless it was a Luxury model.
I have the P1 (Power mirrors, Rain sensing wipers, Sirius radio).
Power mirror=nice, but could live without
Rain sensing wipers=nice, but inconsistent with weather conditions. Sometimes appear slow, other times they run at high speed for a slight mist.
Sirius= Free subscription is over and never renewed.
The only feature I miss is the folding seats.
Enjoy your car without regrets.
BTW-what part of Florida?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:38 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Also, I thought power folding mirrors were standard equipment up until the 2009 model year C classes came out. At which point power folding mirrors (a cool feature but it seems like a gimmick to me) were exchanged for multi-position power memory seats... maybe not as cool but a far more functional piece of standard equipment.
Power folding mirrors were fitted to 2008 models only. After that they were fixed and there was no option to add them. This has been discussed hundreds of times since 2009.

Last edited by RLE; 09-30-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 PM

w204
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
My 2008 was purchased in 2007 and it was nearly impossible to locate one on a lot with P2 and Multi-media back then unless it was a Luxury model.
I have the P1 (Power mirrors, Rain sensing wipers, Sirius radio).
Power mirror=nice, but could live without
Rain sensing wipers=nice, but inconsistent with weather conditions. Sometimes appear slow, other times they run at high speed for a slight mist.
Sirius= Free subscription is over and never renewed.
The only feature I miss is the folding seats.
Enjoy your car without regrets.
BTW-what part of Florida?
i'm located in orlando, millenia mall area.

and thanks to everyone else, thanks for the support and info.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
"Should have been standard" is a bit subjective. There are people that probably feel the same way as you and just as many who think you're talking crazy. I think it comes down to being able to offer the car at a certain price point. Obviously, it's a bit different when you're looking at used cars. But, consider the effect it would have on the base price of a new car...

I agree. I've edited my post.
Then why would you pay premium to buy something that doesn't have premium features? So you're just buying the brand then, that sounds like a poser to me. For 20k you can probably buy a top of the line Kia with every premium feature there is and sht load of cash to buy diapers for your kids.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
i'm located in orlando, millenia mall area.

and thanks to everyone else, thanks for the support and info.
Last Saturday of every month- Orlando Automotive Club meets at Mech-Tech on Orange Blossom Trail north of the turnpike. If you love cars- this is the place to be.
http://orlandoautomotiveclub.com/home.html
Old 09-29-2012, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by snowmuch
Then why would you pay premium to buy something that doesn't have premium features? So you're just buying the brand then, that sounds like a poser to me. For 20k you can probably buy a top of the line Kia with every premium feature there is and sht load of cash to buy diapers for your kids.
It's not about the features or just the brand (for those not primarily status motivated)...it's the essential engineering which shows up on a base car or one loaded with frills....basic powertrain, chassis, driving experience, interior design, body structure and safety...that's what makes any MB worth the premium money over a Kia. I bought a P1 Benz and am delighted with the fundamentals which make this car excel.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 PM

2010 C300
The engineering is totally different in every single aspect of the car. I'd drive a base c class over a fully loaded kia any day and it's not just because of the Mercedes name. It's a totally different driving experience. The difference is night and day
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 AM

w204
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
Last Saturday of every month- Orlando Automotive Club meets at Mech-Tech on Orange Blossom Trail north of the turnpike. If you love cars- this is the place to be.
http://orlandoautomotiveclub.com/home.html
cool, used to love cars. became a tech, modded a lot of cars, used to road course race, ...really over it now. been through 2 mach 1's and 2 cobra's and 5 bikes. i wanted a nice sedan to just drive and relax in todays technology, so i went c-class. not going to touch this car at all, keeping it nice, clean, and stock.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:50 AM

Lol, I like that last part.

Thank you for answering for me, SS and victort.

Last edited by dcjwlee; 09-30-2012 at 12:56 AM.