C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-29-2015, 03:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Interior rearview mirror replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C300 sedan, P1, Multimedia, Burmester
Interior rearview mirror replacement

Hey all-

I have an '09 C300 Lux (beige interior) with nav/HK but without the P1 package. I would love to have the auto-dimming interior rearview mirror with the garage door opener buttons (the base mirror has neither auto-dimming nor opener functions). These seem like they should be standard features but, well, all of us Benz owners know how that goes. =)

Is this a hard retrofit? Is the wiring all there, so I can just plug the new one in and enjoy my new features? Also, if anyone has a beige one of these for sale, I'd be very interested.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C200 CGI Palladium Silver
Originally Posted by awstansbury
Hey all-

I have an '09 C300 Lux (beige interior) with nav/HK but without the P1 package. I would love to have the auto-dimming interior rearview mirror with the garage door opener buttons (the base mirror has neither auto-dimming nor opener functions). These seem like they should be standard features but, well, all of us Benz owners know how that goes. =)

Is this a hard retrofit? Is the wiring all there, so I can just plug the new one in and enjoy my new features? Also, if anyone has a beige one of these for sale, I'd be very interested.
Hi awstansbury,

Yes, the wiring is all there waiting for the retrofit.

I had a mirror sent over from the states to Australia and fitted it. I now have the auto-dimming mirror but unfortunately the homelink garage door buttons work but apparently cannot be programmed to Australian garage doors. They are the required frequency but are missing something to enable homelink compatibility.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
It's actually a fairly easy retrofit.

See here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ew-mirror.html

BTW-Don't forget about the search function as most things like this have some pretty good info out there waiting for you to find it.