Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Here is My Comand Online NTG4.5 with Android >

Here is My Comand Online NTG4.5 with Android

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Here is My Comand Online NTG4.5 with Android

 
Old 10-21-2014, 09:52 AM
  #101  
gst
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212
thank you AstronBnX and jerryt
gst is offline  
Old 11-20-2014, 12:08 AM
  #102  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 Coupe
Originally Posted by AstronBnX View Post
Here is usage and how i did installation of the my android;

1- Radio Screen


2- You have to select AUX tab. If you dont have AUX selection, you need to enable Video AUX from the Engineering Menu. (Press 3 second whole button to enter Eng.Menu "Hangup+1+#")



3-Here is Android SplashScreen while loading


4- Desktop of Android


5-Keyboard for android. I prefer this trackball keyboard, because it is very difficult to use the touch keyboard.

You can Buy from: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/110518339.html

6- Here is my tidy glove box Android MiniX801 is attached with adhesive tape.


7- Yellow arrow is Keyboard USB module, Green is WIFI antena. Android has also AV output so that you can directly connect to Comand NTG4.5 you dont need to any converter for this MiniX Android.

Buy from: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/110517005.html

8-MiniX Android is nice but little bit slow. It has 1 Core CPU.


But, you can buy this;


It has Dual Core 1.6 CPU this is very cool.. Its speed is very nice. But you need to buy also a HDMI to AV converter. I can obviously say that converting HDMI to AV is not good for display because, you are losing screen resolution. (Comand NTG4.5 has 1280x800 screen res.)

Android: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/202403436.html


Convert: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/200372686.html

9- You need also Power for android. Usually android is working DC 5Volt. Here is 12V to 5V 3A converter.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Conver...-/130721834041

10- Yes, now you need a FAKRA to AV cable. This cable is not for Comand NTG4.5 but, you can plug to FAKRA, To do this, you have to remove plastic case. There are 2 (I remembered that it was dark green socket) fakra male B input connection back of the Comand head unit. One of them is for rear Camera and other is Video Aux input. I haven't a picture of the comand's back side. If i would take a picture, i'm going to upload the picture to see which fakra connection.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-FOR...item564e42353a

Newly found yet, and ordered from Ebay I think this is suitable for Fakra Male B.


As I mention before that if you cannot find like this fakra cable you have to use cable without plastic case, like this;


11- Now, you need to connect Audio input. (I got this schema from my friend in MB service :P ) As you see that, in main fakra socket of the comand there are 3 sockets, A and B,C sockets. When you look at the B socket there are 3 pins for Audio input.

Pin 6 is for AUX Left, Pin 12 is for AUX Right, Pin 11 is for AUX GND. You can connect Audio output from Android to these pins. I prefer stripping FAKRA connector cable used for VIM (As you know that Video In Motion module for unblocking video signal while moving) not for FAKRA comes from the car.



12- Internet connection


13- Enable access point from your smartphone.


14- A TV application in Turkey for Android


15- This is a tv channel. If you have good 3G connection in your country you can watch TV without any interruption while driving.
In Turkey, we can reach 7 Mbit/sec 3G connection by Turkcell, so that we have no internet problem.


16- Here is MBWorld site


PS: Sorry for my english, I hope that this topic could have explained to you.
Dear,

very nice write up here!

i have a few question to ask...

I understand how the AV output from the android device plug into the extra video aux input, but how about audio? I'm confuse at "stripping FAKRA connector cable used for VIM ". Is it compulsory i need a VIM for this to work? and if i have VIM, how can i plug it into the NTG comand? i do not understand how audio output from the android device (2 rca) to be connect to the pin of comand.....

I have a E250 Coupe year 2013, the comand i believe is ntg 4.7 (Silver) , is it same as the 4.5? and does my comand unit has those ports at the back?

For VIM i'm looking at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-C207-W212-2010-2013-Video-In-Motion-TV-FREE-DVD-Lockpick-/261509272364?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce32ad32c&vxp=mtr


Please advise! Thank you very much!

Last edited by diginime; 11-20-2014 at 01:14 AM.
diginime is offline  
Old 11-25-2014, 05:29 AM
  #103  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes w201
Is it also possible to do this with comand ntg5 unit (w222,w205)?
How could I enter engineering mode with ntg5?
elektron is offline  
Old 11-27-2014, 10:31 AM
  #104  
Junior Member
 
702streetwear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c250 coupe
Originally Posted by AstronBnX View Post
Here is usage and how i did installation of the my android;

1- Radio Screen


2- You have to select AUX tab. If you dont have AUX selection, you need to enable Video AUX from the Engineering Menu. (Press 3 second whole button to enter Eng.Menu "Hangup+1+#")



3-Here is Android SplashScreen while loading


4- Desktop of Android


5-Keyboard for android. I prefer this trackball keyboard, because it is very difficult to use the touch keyboard.

You can Buy from: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/110518339.html

6- Here is my tidy glove box Android MiniX801 is attached with adhesive tape.


7- Yellow arrow is Keyboard USB module, Green is WIFI antena. Android has also AV output so that you can directly connect to Comand NTG4.5 you dont need to any converter for this MiniX Android.

Buy from: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/110517005.html

8-MiniX Android is nice but little bit slow. It has 1 Core CPU.


But, you can buy this;


It has Dual Core 1.6 CPU this is very cool.. Its speed is very nice. But you need to buy also a HDMI to AV converter. I can obviously say that converting HDMI to AV is not good for display because, you are losing screen resolution. (Comand NTG4.5 has 1280x800 screen res.)

Android: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/202403436.html


Convert: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/200372686.html

9- You need also Power for android. Usually android is working DC 5Volt. Here is 12V to 5V 3A converter.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Conver...-/130721834041

10- Yes, now you need a FAKRA to AV cable. This cable is not for Comand NTG4.5 but, you can plug to FAKRA, To do this, you have to remove plastic case. There are 2 (I remembered that it was dark green socket) fakra male B input connection back of the Comand head unit. One of them is for rear Camera and other is Video Aux input. I haven't a picture of the comand's back side. If i would take a picture, i'm going to upload the picture to see which fakra connection.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-FOR...item564e42353a

Newly found yet, and ordered from Ebay I think this is suitable for Fakra Male B.


As I mention before that if you cannot find like this fakra cable you have to use cable without plastic case, like this;


11- Now, you need to connect Audio input. (I got this schema from my friend in MB service :P ) As you see that, in main fakra socket of the comand there are 3 sockets, A and B,C sockets. When you look at the B socket there are 3 pins for Audio input.

Pin 6 is for AUX Left, Pin 12 is for AUX Right, Pin 11 is for AUX GND. You can connect Audio output from Android to these pins. I prefer stripping FAKRA connector cable used for VIM (As you know that Video In Motion module for unblocking video signal while moving) not for FAKRA comes from the car.



12- Internet connection


13- Enable access point from your smartphone.


14- A TV application in Turkey for Android


15- This is a tv channel. If you have good 3G connection in your country you can watch TV without any interruption while driving.
In Turkey, we can reach 7 Mbit/sec 3G connection by Turkcell, so that we have no internet problem.


16- Here is MBWorld site


PS: Sorry for my english, I hope that this topic could have explained to you.
How did you enter into engineering mode again, couldnt underdstand how you did it.
702streetwear is offline  
Old 11-27-2014, 11:59 AM
  #105  
Senior Member
 
DATURK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 254
Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
Supersin Reha, keep up the good work, keep it coming....
DATURK is offline  
Old 11-27-2014, 05:54 PM
  #106  
Junior Member
 
702streetwear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c250 coupe
engineering mode

Originally Posted by diginime View Post
Dear,

very nice write up here!

i have a few question to ask...

I understand how the AV output from the android device plug into the extra video aux input, but how about audio? I'm confuse at "stripping FAKRA connector cable used for VIM ". Is it compulsory i need a VIM for this to work? and if i have VIM, how can i plug it into the NTG comand? i do not understand how audio output from the android device (2 rca) to be connect to the pin of comand.....

I have a E250 Coupe year 2013, the comand i believe is ntg 4.7 (Silver) , is it same as the 4.5? and does my comand unit has those ports at the back?

For VIM i'm looking at Mercedes Benz E Class C207 W212 2010 2013 Video in Motion TV Free DVD Lockpick | eBay



Please advise! Thank you very much!
How did you get it into engineering mode please?
702streetwear is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:23 PM
  #107  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by diginime View Post
Dear,

very nice write up here!

i have a few question to ask...

I understand how the AV output from the android device plug into the extra video aux input, but how about audio? I'm confuse at "stripping FAKRA connector cable used for VIM ". Is it compulsory i need a VIM for this to work? and if i have VIM, how can i plug it into the NTG comand? i do not understand how audio output from the android device (2 rca) to be connect to the pin of comand.....

I have a E250 Coupe year 2013, the comand i believe is ntg 4.7 (Silver) , is it same as the 4.5? and does my comand unit has those ports at the back?

For VIM i'm looking at Mercedes Benz E Class C207 W212 2010 2013 Video in Motion TV Free DVD Lockpick | eBay



Please advise! Thank you very much!

Hello 702streetwear,

Yes, you need VIM against for closing screen while you are driving car. This means you will install VIM module between your Comand and your car. You can strip orginal fakra cable comes from your car, but i prefer to strip fakra cable rather than stripping orginal cable to attach Audio cable.

You are right, It is same as the NTG4.5, no difference between NTG 4.7 and NTG 4.5, and your Comand has those ports at the back. Please check it out pinouts in my post.

reha.
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:25 PM
  #108  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by 702streetwear View Post
How did you enter into engineering mode again, couldnt underdstand how you did it.
Keep pressing about 10sec, Hang Down button and 1 and # button at the same time, you will enter into engineering mode.

reha.
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:28 PM
  #109  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by elektron View Post
Is it also possible to do this with comand ntg5 unit (w222,w205)?
How could I enter engineering mode with ntg5?
Yes, It should be.. If you can send me you VIN number of your from private message i can check it out for you and say more clear information.
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:30 PM
  #110  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by DATURK View Post
Supersin Reha, keep up the good work, keep it coming....
Teşekkürler dostum, bilgim çervesinde yardımcı olmaya çalışıyorum umarım faydalı oluyorumdur..

Thank you,
Hopefully, I can help people.

reha..
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 12:00 PM
  #111  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 Coupe
Originally Posted by AstronBnX View Post
Hello 702streetwear,

Yes, you need VIM against for closing screen while you are driving car. This means you will install VIM module between your Comand and your car. You can strip orginal fakra cable comes from your car, but i prefer to strip fakra cable rather than stripping orginal cable to attach Audio cable.

You are right, It is same as the NTG4.5, no difference between NTG 4.7 and NTG 4.5, and your Comand has those ports at the back. Please check it out pinouts in my post.

reha.
Dear Astron,

I still do not get it... how do i strip the fakra to to rca? really confuse. sorry, im not pro in this and i'm end user of the car.. see whether i can do it myself.. Thanks..
diginime is offline  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:31 AM
  #112  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI



First prototype of sniffing Canbus module.





Some tests.





First class quality PCB





Components are ready





Eventually, it is ready for Run.

My project is walking step by step.. Now, i can sniff canbus and add mistique properties for my car.. For example, i can place front cam into the front grill of my car and watch it while driving 10km and below, it will helps to me while parking. Or maybe, security things for car by pressing buttons on steering wheel.

it may be a TVFree (VIM) module
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:38 AM
  #113  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jason B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 3,322
Recieved 110 Likes on 93 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by AstronBnX View Post


My project is walking step by step.. Now, i can sniff canbus and add mistique properties for my car.. For example, i can place front cam into the front grill of my car and watch it while driving 10km and below, it will helps to me while parking. Or maybe, security things for car by pressing buttons on steering wheel.

it may be a TVFree (VIM) module
Very cool. Are you going to do the front cam?
Jason B is offline  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:52 AM
  #114  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Very cool. Are you going to do the front cam?
Yes, i will soon.. I'm waiting for Video switcher chips to integrate into my module.
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:54 AM
  #115  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jason B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 3,322
Recieved 110 Likes on 93 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by AstronBnX View Post

Yes, i will soon.. I'm waiting for Video switcher chips to integrate into my module.
Cool. Maybe we can work together. I've been working on something similar for the w221. Shoot me a PM.
Jason B is offline  
Old 12-13-2014, 09:04 AM
  #116  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Cool. Maybe we can work together. I've been working on something similar for the w221. Shoot me a PM.
Ooo it is nice.. I'm also working for replacing head lambs with led version head lambs of w221. I believe that my module will solve the problem.
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 01-20-2015, 05:52 PM
  #117  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 Esprit ; T-S204 PACK AMG
Hello,
I have a doubt, already mounted the rear camera, but wanted to put an android device running, my doubt is: I have a NTG4, and has only one video input, already occupied by the camera, I can do a bypass and two entries in through the entry already occupied by the chamber or need an interface for switching?
marko68 is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 AM
  #118  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by marko68 View Post
Hello,
I have a doubt, already mounted the rear camera, but wanted to put an android device running, my doubt is: I have a NTG4, and has only one video input, already occupied by the camera, I can do a bypass and two entries in through the entry already occupied by the chamber or need an interface for switching?
Hello Marko,

I have a solution for NTG4.0 to switch automatic from Android view to rear cam view.. I installed it a car of my friend 2 days ago and I'll explain how you can do it by yourself. As you know there is only 1 Video Input for NTG4.0.. Please give me 2 days for the picture and explaination.
AstronBnX is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 10:07 AM
  #119  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jason B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 3,322
Recieved 110 Likes on 93 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
How is the resolution? And an it work with an iphone
Jason B is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 06:10 PM
  #120  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 Esprit ; T-S204 PACK AMG
Originally Posted by AstronBnX View Post
Hello Marko,

I have a solution for NTG4.0 to switch automatic from Android view to rear cam view.. I installed it a car of my friend 2 days ago and I'll explain how you can do it by yourself. As you know there is only 1 Video Input for NTG4.0.. Please give me 2 days for the picture and explaination.
Hello!
Thank you I'm waiting.
marko68 is offline  
Old 01-22-2015, 02:17 PM
  #121  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 AMG CGI
Originally Posted by marko68 View Post
Hello!
Thank you I'm waiting.
Hi again,

Here is my solution for NTG4.0 to switch automatic from Android view to rear cam view.

First, you have to buy video switch module link is given at below.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/camer...231634872.html







1- Intelligent video switcher
2- Video input for VCD/DVD/MP4 (yellow connector )
3- Video input for parking sensor and rear view camera(red connector )
4- Video output yellow connector
5- Parking line ( red wire)
6- GND line (black wire)

Power voltage: DC+ 12v

So, you have now 2 Video inputs and 1 video output for Comand NTG4.0, because NTG4.0 has only 1 video input. To install VS (video switcher), you have to directly connect RED wire to REAR LAMP of your car. This means, when the rear lamp of your car is on, VS will choose number 3 Video input for output otherwise 4 will defaultly be selected.

You also need to disable REAR cam from your Comand NTG4.0. Go to Engineering menu by pressing HangDown (Red button) + # button + 1 button then go to SW settings and find Rear cam, select it as disable to active VIDEO AUX on Comand screen, if you don't do this, it will switch automaticly when you are Rear drive mode.








AstronBnX is offline  
Old 01-22-2015, 02:36 PM
  #122  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204
AstronBnX;

Thanks for all your effort and friendship

Now i have a fully functional Android 4.4.4 Kitkat , Veyron Electronics Screen Mirroring and Rear View Camera all combined with NTG4.0.

Even the S klasse doesn't have these functions.

We'll be uploading more pictures soon.Thanks for your help!
thycpt737 is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM
  #123  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Recieved 21 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 c300
Thanks AstronBnX! This is all I'm missing in my setup.
aznmode is offline  
Old 02-09-2015, 05:29 PM
  #124  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Recieved 21 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 c300
Ok I finally got my switcher from Alienexpress for my NTG4. I assume I can only have video but no audio?

Last edited by aznmode; 02-09-2015 at 06:58 PM.
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-25-2015, 10:22 PM
  #125  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Recieved 21 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by AstronBnX View Post
Hi again,

Here is my solution for NTG4.0 to switch automatic from Android view to rear cam view.

First, you have to buy video switch module link is given at below.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/camer...231634872.html







1- Intelligent video switcher
2- Video input for VCD/DVD/MP4 (yellow connector )
3- Video input for parking sensor and rear view camera(red connector )
4- Video output yellow connector
5- Parking line ( red wire)
6- GND line (black wire)

Power voltage: DC+ 12v

So, you have now 2 Video inputs and 1 video output for Comand NTG4.0, because NTG4.0 has only 1 video input. To install VS (video switcher), you have to directly connect RED wire to REAR LAMP of your car. This means, when the rear lamp of your car is on, VS will choose number 3 Video input for output otherwise 4 will defaultly be selected.

You also need to disable REAR cam from your Comand NTG4.0. Go to Engineering menu by pressing HangDown (Red button) + # button + 1 button then go to SW settings and find Rear cam, select it as disable to active VIDEO AUX on Comand screen, if you don't do this, it will switch automaticly when you are Rear drive mode.








Is there a quicker way to wire red wire to brake light without running the wire all the way to the trunk?
aznmode is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Here is My Comand Online NTG4.5 with Android


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: