C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C class stock audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C250 Sport Premium
C class stock audio

Hi all,
I am new to this forum just purchased a 2010 c250 with the basic audio 20 sound system which is a bit weak for my liking. First step I took was to have the cables run from my battery and a line out convertor from the rear speakers so I can hook up a sub in the trunk. Now what I am trying to do is setup a highpass filter so the stock speakers arent putting out much bass so they will last a bit longer (my sub overpowers the speaker bass anyway). I got in to the engineering mode but the settings for the highpass filter are very strange and not straight forward like most other systems.

Has anyone every configured the highpass filter for this purpose and if so could is it possible to see the settings that were picked or provide a guide? Also I guess another solution would be to modify the parametric equalizer to put out less bass as well but again its not very straight forward to use.

Also I have an issue which seems common where if I use the aux port (which I would always use) the sound output is not much even if I max out the volume its not loud by my standards at all. Some people mentioned you can get a iphone dock that will allow you to stream your audio over bluetooth rather than having the cable plugged into aux. Is this a good method. Will the sound be just as loud as a cd or the radio. Also seems like they are expensive is there a cheaper alternative?

Thanks all
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
search - audio 20 upgrade / speaker upgrade / kappa speaker retrofit or any combination of those words and you will find numerous threads regarding upgrading the audio 20 system, most of us went with the kappa speaker upgrade which is a straight fit replacement that is like night and day from the stock speakers, others have added a one form of sub or another - all covered in those threads...good luck.

"W204 third party component speaker upgrade" is the thread you want...

Last edited by Scat01; 11-20-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
If you go into engineering mode, there are filters for each front and each rear speakers. However if you apply these to the signal driving the woofers you will run into some problems.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
@Anile8ter: If you use the parametric eq in the Audio 20 to cut the bass from the door speakers, how or where will you get the audio signal with bass for the subwoofer? Besides, the stock speakers are so bad, it hardly matters whether the door speakers are playing or not.

In any case the subwoofer, either a self-amplified or a speaker box with a separate amp, will have their own boost, low-pass filter and shelving controls.

Read this first, then decide what to do. Good luck.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...r-upgrade.html
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
@Anile8ter: As for Bluetooth streaming vs just connecting the aux cable, remember the Bluetooth throws away 90% of the audio signal because of bandwidth limitations. Sounds like the music was put in a blender then strained. Actually a huge difference is just using Apple Lossless format to store your CDs instead of MP3 which throws away 80% of the information. Playing an MP3 via Bluetooth, hardly any of the music's left.

The volume, make sure the Aux input is set on BOOST. Also the Sound Shocker impedance matcher will give you 12 dB more boost, no batteries needed. Available from:

http://phpaudio.jigsy.com/passive-preamp