C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
C350 Exhaust

Okay guys, bear with me. I know that this has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer to all my questions, so posting here.

So last week I got my c63 cf diffuser and quad tips and I have gotten them installed as well. However, I guess the shop guys misunderstood me when I said I wanted the 'amg' stamp on the tips visible and he made the tips stick out at the back quite a bit.

At first I wasn't sure but lately I have been noticing other Merc with natural quad exhausts and they are all tucked in with just a tiny bit sticking outside of the diffuser. Mine is definitely a little more than normal which sometimes bothers me and sometimes doesn't.

The guy said to try it out for a bit and if I find that I still don't like it, I can bring it back. Now to be honest, I don't mind it too much, however, I want the look of as much OEM as possible. Of course I am not going to be putting c63 badges or anything of that sorts, but I still want the quad exhaust to look as close to OEM as possible.

So I am thinking that I will probably take it back in a couple of weeks time to have them cut off and welded back after they are made a little short, so they just sit out of the diffuser a little bit as they are supposed to. Perhaps an inch shorter will be enough.

But now at the same time I am thinking, i might as well get something else done at the same time. Like the exhaust sound. I want to have a slightly deeper note to the exhaust. Now, I by no means want a fart can or anything obnoxiously loud. It is a classy car and I want to keep it that way.

So now my question is, what can I do in order to just have a slightly deeper sound that resembles the c63 sound as much as possible? Of course, can't have a v6 sound like a v8, but I want to be as close as possible.

What should I order and have with me before I go back to exhaust shop so I can get the tips 'fixed' and the new part installed for the sound???

Thanks guys!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 c300 4m
x pipe and secondary resonators/cats (there not really cats) removed.........best sound on these cars
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Could you please perhaps be more specific? My knowledge in regards to this area is limited so I am not 100% sure. I would appreciate as to what parts I should buy, where I could buy them from and sort of instructions that I can ask my shop to do sort of thing...Thanks.