C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Finevu CR500HD GB/Feeler - Full HD Dashcam - Made in Korea - BlackboxMyCar.Com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Audi A4
Finevu CR500HD GB/Feeler - Full HD Dashcam - Made in Korea - BlackboxMyCar.Com

Hello W204 community,

We are a new vendor on MBWorld.org. We had many customers from MBWorld previously and many of the C63 owners requested Finevu CR500HD group buy when the CR500HD launches. They are finally out and we are wondering if you guys would be also interested in the GB.

Here is the original post:

Hello Guys,

We just launched Finevu CR500HD and we are wondering if you guys are interested in the GB.

We promised a group buy when the CR500HD comes out to the owners on this forum previously. After a long wait, the CR500HD is finally out!

Dash cams will provide irrefutable video evidence in the event of an accident. They are widely used in Southeast Asia, Australia, England, and Russia.

BlackboxMyCar is the 1st and official authorized distributor of Blackvue and Finevu products. We are registered on both Blackvue and Finevu's website as their authorized distributors. We are located in Vancouver, Canada, but ship globally. We have had customers from US, Hawaii, Netherlands, Italy, England, Russia, Finland, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Alaska, and Thailand.

These are pictures from Finevu CR300HD. They are identical in shape and weight. We will update pics of the CR500HD very soon.

With the video evidence, you will never need a witness and feel very protected on the road.

Here are some videos:

**Viewer discretion is strongly advised for the below video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=p3CGMCn1v5Y

Finevu has the biggest blackbox manufacturer in Korea and their products are considered one of the most reliable blackboxes in the market. Finevu is the only blackbox company in Korea to be registered in the stock market. (Finedigital)

Finevu CR500HD is equipped with Sony EXMOR CMOS Sensor and offers 1080P Full HD quality at 30fps.

It comes with 16GB memory card and can be expanded upto 32GB.

CR500HD offers parking mode by motion detection to monitor your car while it is parked once it is hardwired. It can be equipped with GPS kit to record your speed and location of your vehicle.

There are dedicated buttons to take picture, emergency video, mute, on/off, and parking mode.

Here is a spec of Finevu CR500HD

Specifications

Product FINEVU CR-500HD
Camera 2,000,000 pixels
Angle of View 135˚(diagonal), 112˚(horizontal), 63˚(vertical)
Resolution Full HD (1920×1080) @30fps
HD (1280×720) @30fps
Wide 16 : 9 Wide
Speaker, Microphone Built-in
Memory Micro SD card (up to 32GB)
Battery Internal Li-Polymer Battery
Operating Temperature -10˚C ~ 60˚C
Input Voltage DC 12V
Power Consumption Max 2W
Video Out TV / Navigation
Color / Size / Weight Black / 39mm x 64mm x 50mm / 88g

We are working on English poster for our website. Sorry it is in Korean.

Unlike Ebay Sellers, we offer full warranty and all our devices are factory built with English software and provided with English manual. All the devices are covered with manufacturers warranty - 1 year on device and 6 months on accessories and battery. Finevu and Blackvue does not recognize warranty from ebay selllers and their products are reflashed from Korean version to English version. Their English manual will be provided in PDF format.

We actually made a video install of how to install on the C63AMG

Mercedes C63AMG is actually one of the easiest cars to hardwire and hide wires.

For more clear understand of fuse box installation, please refer to this video:

Here are couple C63 AMGs installed with our dash cams.

Black C63 AMG is hardwired with Blackvue DR400G-HD Season 2.

This C63 AMG is installed with Finevu CR300HD.

This C63 is equipped with 2 channel system. Finevu CR300HD is front facing and Blackvue DR400G is facing rear.

Finevu CR500HD front facing and DR400G/DR380G rear facing, 2 channel system is a very popular set up in Korea.

Here are some sample clips. Watch it in 1080P Full HD:

Finevu mounts have a tripod mount. You can purchase a suction cup and even use it to record something exciting. This customer has CR300HD front facing cam and using CR500HD as an interior cam to record his event at Auto X.

To learn more about how power kit works and how parking mode works:

Finevu CR500HD is currently listed for $312.50 + TAX --> $299.11 + TAX.*Hardwiring Kit is $50 extra, but if you buy CR500HD + Power Kit, you save total $25!

I need your opinion, would you guys prefer GB which would consist min of 35+ people and we will offer $270+TAX. However, Christmas is just around the corner and we would like our customers to receive the CR500HD before Christmas.

What we can do is then offer MBWorld Special for $285 + TAX (MSRP $313.50+TAX) so you guys can even start ordering one tomorrow! Power Kit will be $40 instead of $50.

Ok, so looks like everyone wants GB on CR500HD. Instead of 35+ people, we will offer 20+ people at $270 + Tax. The Power Kit is extra $40 + tax.

Our international customers do not have to pay TAX. Shipping fee within Canada is $15 and to US is $20. Tracking number will be provided for both destinations.

Please register to our website at www.blackboxmycar.com to see the price difference for our international customers.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions, please feel free to email us at blackboxmycar@gmail.com or ask us on this thread

Here is the updated list.**

1. Tp_man Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit
2. ryanC63AMG Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit
3. opala Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit
4. opala Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit
5. AMG Fan CR500HD + Power Kit
6. Kowalkski CR500HD + Power Kit
7. Implayinghooky CR500HD + Power Kit
8. Jason (local) CR500HD + Power Kit
9. Tania (local) CR500HD + Power Kit
10. Tania (local) CR500HD + Power Kit
11. papashango Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit
12. Simon Finevu CR500Hd + Power Kit
13. Simon Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit
14. Henry M3 Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit
15. Derek M3 Finevu CR500Hd + Power Kit
16. Chris Audi Finevu CR500Hd + Power Kit
17. Jamie cls Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit

Last edited by BlackboxMyCar; 12-16-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 RWD
Sounds like a great idea. Put me on the list.

Just two questions.

1. Is the hardwiring kit the same as the power kit?
2. In park mode, does it account for battery drain?

Updated List
11. itsLoonie CR500HD + Power Kit

Looks like 3-4 & 9-10 are copies unless they are ordering two each then never mind.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by itsLoonie
Sounds like a great idea. Put me on the list.

Just two questions.

1. Is the hardwiring kit the same as the power kit?
2. In park mode, does it account for battery drain?

Updated List
11. itsLoonie CR500HD + Power Kit

Looks like 3-4 & 9-10 are copies unless they are ordering two each then never mind.

Hello,

Yes, the hardwiring kit is the power kit. The CR500HD will only run in the parking mode if it detects motion. By installing the power kit, your not going to drain all the battery

3-4 & 9-10 are buying 2 units per person.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 RWD
Originally Posted by BlackboxMyCar
Hello,

Yes, the hardwiring kit is the power kit. The CR500HD will only run in the parking mode if it detects motion. By installing the power kit, your not going to drain all the battery

3-4 & 9-10 are buying 2 units per person.

Nope, no further questions. Just let me know when payments have to be sent.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
I'm still a fan of the blackvue DR400G HD
which is only $250 including the blackbox from my local forum's Group buy
Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
I ended up getting my Blackvue DR400GHD last summer when I visited Korea. As with most marketplace vendors in Korea, I was able to haggle the price down to a nice 225000 WON, which translates to roughly $210 USD. If I can see pricing around that mark, I'd definitely be interested in picking up a second one. Terms of the camera quality itself, it's great. The memory loop feature is very handy as well. But as with most dash cams, they suck in direct sunlight and in the rain. Still, it's great for what it does, and it gives a decent peace of mind in terms of having a witness in the car with you at all times.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Question.

That installation video above, is that 'hardwiring' it in to the car?

If I get one of these, I don't want to see any extra wires, or have anything plugged in my cigarette lighter. So is that video showing how to hardwire it?

Also, how easy is it to install on the c350? Same way? Can it be a DIY?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
I was watching the first video and I almost peed on my pants as I was driving the blue honda odyseey and I also remember looking at that grey and white genesis before I turned right to 21st ave. The time, plates and marks on the back of the van is possitive it was me and I remember that route, date and time as I was heading out to a meeting. If I don't want to go for the group buy where are you in Vancouver so that I can visit your shop as I might ask you to do the install.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by papashango
Question.

That installation video above, is that 'hardwiring' it in to the car?

If I get one of these, I don't want to see any extra wires, or have anything plugged in my cigarette lighter. So is that video showing how to hardwire it?

Also, how easy is it to install on the c350? Same way? Can it be a DIY?
Yup, by hardwiring via power kit, you will not see any wire and you do not have to use your cigarette lighter. Hardwiring should be a must for these Blackvue and Finevu dash cams as they offer parking mode feature. Besides, they only work when it detects motion while it is in the parking mode. However, for some drivers, they don't want to see any wire and so they want to hardwire it to hide everything.

Most of our customers are from German 3 brands and we installed on German, Japanese, Korean, American, and Italian cars, and we found Mercedes C-Class hardwire installation was the easiest. Generally, German cars have bigger fuse box and located somewhere that is very accessible. There are many grounds to put the -'ve compare to Japanese or American cars.

We are going to make another video with a C350 in a couple weeks! However, C-Class shares same fuse box and fuse map, so you should be good!

Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
I was watching the first video and I almost peed on my pants as I was driving the blue honda odyseey and I also remember looking at that grey and white genesis before I turned right to 21st ave. The time, plates and marks on the back of the van is possitive it was me and I remember that route, date and time as I was heading out to a meeting. If I don't want to go for the group buy where are you in Vancouver so that I can visit your shop as I might ask you to do the install.
Oh wow! hahaha!

We are located near Oak and 54th Ave. We offer free installation with the purchase of the power kit. We can definitely install it for you

We decided to offer GB with 20+ people, anybody is welcome to join. Please see updated list. We will update the list every night!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
I ended up getting my Blackvue DR400GHD last summer when I visited Korea. As with most marketplace vendors in Korea, I was able to haggle the price down to a nice 225000 WON, which translates to roughly $210 USD. If I can see pricing around that mark, I'd definitely be interested in picking up a second one. Terms of the camera quality itself, it's great. The memory loop feature is very handy as well. But as with most dash cams, they suck in direct sunlight and in the rain. Still, it's great for what it does, and it gives a decent peace of mind in terms of having a witness in the car with you at all times.
heyhey,

Where did you go to buy your Blackvue? I am also Korean btw G-market or Auction did not even offer that price... The 1st generation suffered from multiple issues and so Blackvue launched Season 2. This new device offers built in polarizer lens which reduced glare from sun during daytime and headlight during night time.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Originally Posted by BlackboxMyCar
Yup, by hardwiring via power kit, you will not see any wire and you do not have to use your cigarette lighter. Hardwiring should be a must for these Blackvue and Finevu dash cams as they offer parking mode feature. Besides, they only work when it detects motion while it is in the parking mode. However, for some drivers, they don't want to see any wire and so they want to hardwire it to hide everything.

Most of our customers are from German 3 brands and we installed on German, Japanese, Korean, American, and Italian cars, and we found Mercedes C-Class hardwire installation was the easiest. Generally, German cars have bigger fuse box and located somewhere that is very accessible. There are many grounds to put the -'ve compare to Japanese or American cars.

We are going to make another video with a C350 in a couple weeks! However, C-Class shares same fuse box and fuse map, so you should be good!

So the installation video above for the c63 seems pretty straightforward. I am not a very 'handy' sort of person, but it seems like something even someone who doesn't know much about these sort of things can do?

And what is a power kit and why is that needed?

If you're going to be making an installation video and say that anyone should be able to install it themselves, I'd like to reserve a spot in the group buy as well. So let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
So the installation video above for the c63 seems pretty straightforward. I am not a very 'handy' sort of person, but it seems like something even someone who doesn't know much about these sort of things can do?

And what is a power kit and why is that needed?

If you're going to be making an installation video and say that anyone should be able to install it themselves, I'd like to reserve a spot in the group buy as well. So let me know. Thanks.
heyhey,

For sure

Here is a much more clear over view of how to hardwire a blackbox. This was done on my Audi A4.

Take a look at this video and it will show whats the benefit of parking mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kIVe2lEzDuI

Here is what Power Kit can do for you:

Basically, it will cut off power so that your battery does not drain itself. Power Kit automatically shuts power once the battery goes below 11.8V)

We are going to re make "how to hardwire a dash cam" with a professional photographer/producer and we are using grey matte wrapped C350
Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
But I am assuming there must be a feature by which you don't have that motion feature on. For example, my car is parked for few days at a stretch and I don't drive it everyday as I live and work in downtown. So, if I don't want that feature in my underground parking and don't want the battery to go down to even 11.8, I can have that feature off?

Anyway put me in for the GB. Would like to see the install video and do it myself once I get it. Hopefully it's not too hard and doesn't require splicing and what not.

PS: I am from Edmonton.

Last edited by papashango; 12-13-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
But I am assuming there must be a feature by which you don't have that motion feature on. For example, my car is parked for few days at a stretch and I don't drive it everyday as I live and work in downtown. So, if I don't want that feature in my underground parking and don't want the battery to go down to even 11.8, I can have that feature off?

Anyway put me in for the GB. Would like to see the install video and do it myself once I get it. Hopefully it's not too hard and doesn't require splicing and what not.

PS: I am from Edmonton.
Yup, you can always configure whether you would like parking sensor to be on/off. With the power kit, you do not have to splice any wire. We receive emails from our viewers on Youtube that even as old as 73yr old gentleman and even a lady in the 40s were able to hardwire these dash cam because of our videos. You should be good

I will put you in the GB list, please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Here is the updated list.**

Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
The list is updated, we have 20+ people, pricing on our website changed.

For our international customers, please register to our website to save on Canadian taxes.

18. Mark M3 Finevu CR500Hd + Power Kit
19. Moosejaw E55 CR500Hd + Power Kit
20. mgbrillo CR500HD + Power Kit

We have 20+ people and the group buy pricing has been updated on our website.

Visit http://www.blackboxmycar.com/categor...id_category=12 to order your Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit today!