C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

what did i do! What am I in for!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by isosunrise
Car is now dead in the garage.. I put the key it makes no sounds nothing. Completely dead... Had the headlights on for 30 minutes and this happened. I cant win!
Again, let's not jump to conclusions. You state that the lights were on for 30 minutes, well, maybe you just ran down the battery to the point where it won't kick over.

Question...do you have any interior lights? Do you have headlights, even dim?
You may just need a jump!

Most of the posts are pessimistic, be an optimist and slowly troubleshoot your problems, and heed some of the thoughtful posts.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300
Originally Posted by LouZ
Again, let's not jump to conclusions. You state that the lights were on for 30 minutes, well, maybe you just ran down the battery to the point where it won't kick over.

Question...do you have any interior lights? Do you have headlights, even dim?
You may just need a jump!

Most of the posts are pessimistic, be an optimist and slowly troubleshoot your problems, and heed some of the thoughtful posts.
MB Came and jumped me - TONS of black smoke came from my exhaust and he just looked at me. I asked what thats from he said sometimes from sitting for a long period of time - car was sitting for 20 minutes in the garage and ran it earlier in the day!

Nevertheless I drove it all last night and today its fine. Most of the moisture is out of the headlights and the car drives fine.. Any REAl things I should worry about. If the car was completely damaged dont you think it wouldnt run?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
1993 400E, 2015 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by isosunrise
MB Came and jumped me - TONS of black smoke came from my exhaust and he just looked at me. I asked what thats from he said sometimes from sitting for a long period of time - car was sitting for 20 minutes in the garage and ran it earlier in the day!

Nevertheless I drove it all last night and today its fine. Most of the moisture is out of the headlights and the car drives fine.. Any REAl things I should worry about. If the car was completely damaged dont you think it wouldnt run?
Update us all on how you are doing!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300
Well its been about 1 month since I went through a pretty deep "puddle". Just an update - I removed the Hids from the vehicle - they were working fine for a few weeks and started acting really crazy. Car would be completely off and driver side light would still be on..even with knob to 0 position. Weather it was because the kit got wet or because it was cheap will be a mystery. Put stock halogen bulbs back in and have not had a problem since.

Car still functions properly to my knowledge. Its about 19 degrees here in North NJ so its making it very difficult for me to notice if the car is driving any differently as the cold makes it suck regardless.

This morning my Steering Wheel and windows were frozen and took over an hour for everything to loosen up for me to move the wheel down with the power button.

Never got the oil or trans checked out but again, everything still works fine! Due for an oil change now just holding off as I don't know what else I should do to the car. Trans flush, injector service,etc..

Car has 50,500 miles on it so out of warranty but that extra 1 year has kicked in through CPO program but only covers so much. Not sure if MB will cover and "damage" they find when servicing the car...

Any suggestions?