C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Why wont my headlight turn off...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300
Why wont my headlight turn off...?

Just like the title says, why wont my driver side headlight turn off.

Drove to the mall, put the car in park and turned my car off. Headlights are automatic so typically they turn off and fog lights turn on.. that all worked except my driver side headlight would not turn off. I tried everything turning knob to 0 putting parking lights on, starting car up and off, pushing panic button. NOTHING WORKED. I could drive with my headlight switch to off and my one side still was on! I have HIDS but never had this issue before.. When I got home I disconnected one wire (not sure which one) from the ballast to turn the light off.. woke up today connected it back together and well..now that HID doesn't work at all.

Any ideas?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CL63, 2013 GL550
Originally Posted by isosunrise

Drove to the mall, put the car in park and turned my car off. Headlights are automatic so typically they turn off and fog lights turn on.. that all worked except my driver side headlight would not turn off. I tried everything turning knob to 0 putting parking lights on, starting car up and off, pushing panic button. NOTHING WORKED. I could drive with my headlight switch to off and my one side still was on! I have HIDS but never had this issue before.. When I got home I disconnected one wire (not sure which one) from the ballast to turn the light off.. woke up today connected it back together and well..now that HID doesn't work at all.

Any ideas?
2008 and 2009 cars have defective headlight switches. It'll drain your battery. You can bring it to the dealer and get it fixed. Check here for more info:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post5484453
Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by Mr_Clifton
2008 and 2009 cars have defective headlight switches. It'll drain your battery. You can bring it to the dealer and get it fixed. Check here for more info:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post5484453
I doubt the dealer will fix it under warrenty since he put the HIDs in. That is changing the electrical system and they look for any excuse to get out of warrenty repairs. To the OP good luck.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
R300
Did you solve this? What was the problem

Originally Posted by isosunrise

Any ideas?
Hello.
I’m having the same problem in my R300. How did you solved it? What was wrong?

thanks
JuanJo