C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Not sure if right place for CLC 200?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to buy one
Not sure if right place for CLC 200?!

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find this car mentioned anywhere!

Anyway, after an Audi A3 and Audi A4 I thought I would try a Mercedes.

I need something comfortable on long runs as I drive to Belgium twice a month, something my dog can fit in, and something my two girls can be in for long journeys when I bring them back to England.

However, as I only do the drive with my girls 4 times a year, I also would like something ... fun ...

I have found and test driven a 2009 CLC 200 six speed manual with heated seats, and quite a few of the extras, real leather and so on.

It has 84,000 on the clock with a full MB service history on it and I am looking to pay around Ł8,500 for it which, having looked around for a while, seems to be a good price to me.

Have to say I fell in love with it within five minutes of the test drive. I'm not an expert or anything, but it felt tight and smooth ... that sounds wrong ... but yeah, really liked it except the terrible visibility out of the back windows. you can see why it needs the parking sensors!

So, am I making a good decision as I'll be paying it off for three years and covering 35,000 miles a year - I am not worried about residuals, I would quite like to own the car for a very long time?

Any thoughts, suggestions on what I should look out for?

Many thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Yes this is the right place as it's still a C-Class, its the updated version of the c-class hatchback. If it has a full history that's a good start, but seeing as how this is a european market only model (from what it seems like) I don't think many of us will be able to help you here. You can also check out a UK local benz forum and see if your model is listed in their sub-forums. I would suggest having a dealer do an inspection as their standards are alot higher.

This is the car correct?

The SportCoupé was spun off into its own separate line called the CLC-Class in 2008. The car was presented at the 2008 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin, which took place from 27 to 31 January.[26] The CLC was produced in Brazil at the company’s plant in Juiz de Fora, close to the state border with Rio de Janeiro.[27]

Although the CLC is still based on the W203 platform, it was facelifted with an updated front and tail inspired by the W204 series C-Class. The refresh reworked the rear and front along with some other refinements and new details (Mercedes claimed around 1,100 components), including a steering system borrowed from the SLK-Class and a revised suspension.[28] Out of the sheetmetal of the CLC-Class, only the doors and roof were carried over from the Sportcoupé. The interior is still largely similar to the first-generation SportCoupé, although it did receive the W204 steering wheel and an updated optional navigation system.

Some auto journalists noted that the improvements were limited in order to differentiate the CLC-Class and protect the status of the more lucrative marques in the lineup; one reviewer stated the "CLC does just about enough to introduce new customers to the world of Mercedes" and that it had the "feel of an authentic Mercedes-Benz, which is more than I’d say about the A-Class and B-Class front-wheel-drive hatchbacks".[29] Due to the age of the W203 platform which "exudes a level of float and wallow" not found in the W204 C-Class, the CLC received mixed reviews against sportier rivals such as the BMW 1 Series coupé (a successful replacement of the 3-Series hatchback).[29]

In 2009 the CLC 160 BlueEFFICIENCY was added to the range, and the CLC 230 was rechristened as the CLC 250.

Despite being an interesting option as a first Mercedes, Daimler AG decided that the CLC would not continue production. Instead, the W204 C-Class received a traditionally designed coupé added to the lineup for the 2012 model year, coinciding with the facelifted W204 sedan/saloon in the fourth quarter of 2011. The 2012 C-Class Coupe is positioned directly against the BMW 3 Series Coupé.

Wiki Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercede...011:_CLC-Class
Old 01-16-2013, 05:28 AM

About to buy one
That's the one!

Yep, that's it, except in black, makes me smile looking at it, good sign

Didn't realise this was US only, I shall trawl for a UK one and ask the question.

Have a good day all!!

Tim
Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by TheFuriousArc
Yep, that's it, except in black, makes me smile looking at it, good sign

Didn't realise this was US only, I shall trawl for a UK one and ask the question.

Have a good day all!!

Tim
No no, this isn't a US only forum, just a high percentage is based in the US. If you notice, I'm actually in Hong Kong. My point was that your specific questions would be better answered by members who live and drive in Europe as conditions there are different and would thus affect sale/resale differently. You're more than welcome on this board.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 AM

2010 C200 CGI Palladium Silver
We also have the CLC-Class here in Australia.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 AM

MB C250
We too, have this beautiful breed in Malaysia and Singapore.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 AM

About to buy one
Awesome

i can't explain quite how excited I am! When I was 19 I used to work as a chauffeur driving big old executive Mercs so very much looking forward to getting a sporty one of my own!

One thing it doesn't have is an input to play music from my phone (it has phone bluetooth built in but I think only for calls, not music). Can this be added fairly easily?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM

MB C250
Your exp reminds me when i just got my license , my first ride was mercedes 200 diesel with huge rectangle head lamps. and the shift have to pull upwards and push to first gear in order for it to reverse. lol
Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 AM

About to buy one
:)

That sounds about right, I remember two of them had huge steering dead spots as well so you could turn the wheel from straight and nothing at all would happen for a bit!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM

MB C250
That sounds about right, I remember two of them had huge steering dead spots as well so you could turn the wheel from straight and nothing at all would happen for a bit!
Not forgetting the handbrake too.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
i can't explain quite how excited I am! When I was 19 I used to work as a chauffeur driving big old executive Mercs so very much looking forward to getting a sporty one of my own!

One thing it doesn't have is an input to play music from my phone (it has phone bluetooth built in but I think only for calls, not music). Can this be added fairly easily?
You don't have the aux input in the glovebox? I think that is fairly easy to install (or might be installed already but not ported) Do a search for aux input on our board, I remember seeing something relating to a install thread for it.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:36 PM

CLC200K
Sourcing a CLC 200 Owner’s Manual

I bought a used Mercedes CLC 200 minus Owner’s Manual and Service History.

I bought a “CLC Owner’s Manual off eBay.

The side mirrors are not responding.

Page 88 of the Owner’s Manual describes a “Fold in mirror when locking” convenience function within the Settings Menu.

A function not available in my vehicle.

The only option available within the Convenience sub-menu is “EASY-ENTRY system On/Off”.

Any tips appreciated.

The VIN is: WDB2037412E064458.

Thanks heaps.