C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Plasti Dip grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C 250 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by Mooseolini
Edit: here's a better view.

Looks good. I did mine that way first but found the Plasti Dip did not hold up to highway driving for me and was chipped in the first week. Pulled it and painted it and had better results.

Just a word of caution be sure to cover the radidator and A/C condenser when using the plasti dip getting that stuff into is could cause you a lot of cooling problems and would be hard to clean out of the fins
Old 04-23-2014, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by xaran
Looks good. I did mine that way first but found the Plasti Dip did not hold up to highway driving for me and was chipped in the first week. Pulled it and painted it and had better results.

Just a word of caution be sure to cover the radidator and A/C condenser when using the plasti dip getting that stuff into is could cause you a lot of cooling problems and would be hard to clean out of the fins
Although I didn't plasti dip the chrome pieces on mine, it's been a year and it's holding up well, but I swapped it this year to a 1 fin grill. Did you prep it right? I washed mine and cleaned it again with alcohol and made sure I didn't make skin contact with it before I pasti dipped. Also it sounds like you didn't remove the grill when you painted it first. Probably not the best route to go. But looks like you did it right 2nd time around.

If a permanent fix is what people are after, painting is definitely the way to go. But it's a PITA when it doesn't go right. Plasti dip is much easier to redo and could last a long time.

Last edited by aznmode; 04-23-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300, mflow xpipe.
Thanks man, I haven't tested it on the highway yet. Great advice too, taking the grill off or covering the radiator is essential to avoid costly problems. Don't want a $7 plasti dip can turning into anything more!

Originally Posted by xaran

Last edited by Mooseolini; 04-23-2014 at 03:30 PM.