C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Summer tires recommendation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Summer tires recommendation?

Those tires will be only used during summer, last summer I had the oem (contact pro all seasons) I think I don't hate it but I don't like it either.

What I'm looking for:
- daily driving (not hardcore racing)
- just a tiny bit more sporty feeling than the oem tires
- low road noise and good life span

And is there any advantage of going with summer tires than all season?
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 W204 C300 mm pano
Only good is lower road noise and not by much. Almost every all season tire is better than those you have. Pliot sport a/s is what most people use I think Or the conti dws. Both have similar tread to their summer counterparts. Summer tires use softer rubber for the better traction but it also cuts life span in half or more. I'm a high mileage driver so I usually go with the tire that gives me the most life.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 AM

2011 W204 C300 mm pano
Oh and I see you are in Calgary and I read these are for summer only but I have no clue about snow traction as I only see sun and rain. And everyone will have there opinion to what they like better. For mine driving style Pilots a/s got the most miles but the noisiest Conti DWS lost about 10000 miles and didn't look as sporty for about the same price Yoko's didn't last but rode nice and looked good toyo's just wasn't a fan nothing good nothing bad. Nitto just got better life out of the first two about the same as toyo. I'm now on generals do to fitment issues as I don't like stretch and I only had three choices general,nitto and nexas or how ever you spell it. The generals a/s3 have made me a fan. Same mileage as dws noisier than dws but quieter than pilots at half their price. And before anyone says general sucks the are now owned by conti and the as3 was the first tire conti designed under the general name. Sorry for the long post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E350
I'm going to try the Falken FK453 on my new Brabus wheels for the summer. They are asymmetric UHP summer tires and are supposed to last longer and have less noise than the previous FK452.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

n/a
We've been having good success with both the Cooper Zeon RS3-A and the New Toyo Proxes 4 Plus. Both are all-season UHP instead of summer, but will get you better life. Also, Michelin is comming out with the Pilot Sport A/S 3 later this year. It is also switching to an asymmetrical tread which will allow you to cross rotate your tires if you have a staggered setup.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by StormTrooperZo
Oh and I see you are in Calgary and I read these are for summer only but I have no clue about snow traction as I only see sun and rain. And everyone will have there opinion to what they like better. For mine driving style Pilots a/s got the most miles but the noisiest Conti DWS lost about 10000 miles and didn't look as sporty for about the same price Yoko's didn't last but rode nice and looked good toyo's just wasn't a fan nothing good nothing bad. Nitto just got better life out of the first two about the same as toyo. I'm now on generals do to fitment issues as I don't like stretch and I only had three choices general,nitto and nexas or how ever you spell it. The generals a/s3 have made me a fan. Same mileage as dws noisier than dws but quieter than pilots at half their price. And before anyone says general sucks the are now owned by conti and the as3 was the first tire conti designed under the general name. Sorry for the long post
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ort+A%2FS+Plus

Is this the a/s youre talking about?
I hope as3 comes out soon
Old 02-14-2013, 05:44 PM

2011 W204 C300 mm pano
Yes those are the Michelins but I have general as-03 cause I'm running a 19x10 rear and have only rubs on dips

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=G-MAX+AS-03
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Yes those are the Michelins but I have general as-03 cause I'm running a 19x10 rear and have only rubs on dips

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=G-MAX+AS-03
The price on that actually looks good! What does 19x10 and tubs on dips mean? Sorry I'm totally new to automobiles....
Old 02-15-2013, 12:42 PM

2011 W204 C300 mm pano
Well most of the people run a 9.5 width rim and at 10 it becomes a very tight fit and it then rubs on the inner fender well. I with my set up it doesn't rub even with three people sitting in the back which some people fine to be a problem after the fact. And what I mean by dips I mean is in the road like at the end of some bridges or over railroad tracks that quick drop
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Well most of the people run a 9.5 width rim and at 10 it becomes a very tight fit and it then rubs on the inner fender well. I with my set up it doesn't rub even with three people sitting in the back which some people fine to be a problem after the fact. And what I mean by dips I mean is in the road like at the end of some bridges or over railroad tracks that quick drop
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up for me.