C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Custom DRL issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI Sport
Custom DRL issue.

I've always liked the DRL's on facelifted W204's but i also like the usefulness of the fogs so I has a go at adding my own DRL's.

Here's what i have:

It was hard to get a decent picture off my iphone but you get the idea, and both sides colour match perfectly. I'm having an issue trying to find a signal feed off the sidelight or headlight to activate the auto dim function. I spliced into what i thought was a sidelight wire of the main headlight harness but that didnt seem to work so i must of got the wrong one. I need to find the positive of either the sidelight ir headlight, preferably headlight. My car is also OEM xenon if that makes any difference. I had a look on fuse diagrams but they dont specify anything directly too. Would be even better if i could get a signal direct from the engine fuse box but if not, a feed of the wiring harness would be fine.

Also comments welcome on the DRL's.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 PM

C220 CDI Sport
Does no one have any suggestions at all? Currently the DRLs are not wired up as they do not auto shut off when the headlights are on and I dont want to run them at night.

Anyone help at all?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Wow, really cool idea. Looks great too.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 PM

C220 CDI Sport
Would anyone be able to tell me how to remove the wiring harness then? It doesn't look like its clipped on but I can't pull it out. I really want it connected up but at this rate it looks like its not going to happen. I know not everyone will like it but I like my car to stand out just a bit more and the leds fit perfectly in the fog grilles.