C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

The strangest thing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2013 | 04:28 PM

'96 W202 C200, '00 W202 C180, '03 W203 C230 Kompressor
The strangest thing...

Hey guys! The strangest thing happened to me today when I fitted my 19' summer wheels (after a cold winter...). With the wheels fitted I thought I would take the car for a test ride. Instantly I heard a scraping sound from the front wheels. I stopped and inspected the wheels. I felt that the inner side of the tire was lying against, I don't know the english word but I think it's called, strut plate? How could this be, I fitted exactly the same wheels in the front last year..? Sure it was tight last year but the tire never came in contact with the strut plate. The distance from the strut plate and downwards should always stay the same, right? Any suggestions to this that might help is welcome. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2013 | 04:40 PM

2016 C450 AMG // 2015 ML550 // 2014 911 Carrera 4
Originally Posted by __Johan__
Hey guys! The strangest thing happened to me today when I fitted my 19' summer wheels (after a cold winter...). With the wheels fitted I thought I would take the car for a test ride. Instantly I heard a scraping sound from the front wheels. I stopped and inspected the wheels. I felt that the inner side of the tire was lying against, I don't know the english word but I think it's called, strut plate? How could this be, I fitted exactly the same wheels in the front last year..? Sure it was tight last year but the tire never came in contact with the strut plate. The distance from the strut plate and downwards should always stay the same, right? Any suggestions to this that might help is welcome. Thank you!
Are you sure it's from the inside the wheel and not from the bolts you used? I'm asking this because I just changed my tires today for my summer ones and by mistake I used the bolt from my winter ones on my summer ones (not the same length bolt) and I had scraping sound as well....
Old 03-31-2013 | 12:52 AM

'96 W202 C200, '00 W202 C180, '03 W203 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by LogicDSS
Are you sure it's from the inside the wheel and not from the bolts you used? I'm asking this because I just changed my tires today for my summer ones and by mistake I used the bolt from my winter ones on my summer ones (not the same length bolt) and I had scraping sound as well....
I'm sure it's not from the bolts unfortunately :/ Thank you anyway.