C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

08 C350 Battery Drain Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350
08 C350 Battery Drain Problem?

Hi,

I have a situation where my c350 would drain its battery overnight. I turn everything off now but it still drains even after a couple of hours. If i were to jump it, it starts right up no problems. Then i bought a new battery thinking it was a weak battery, but it still does the same thing after 1 day old battery. I've done researched all day yesterday and today, my conclusion is that it can be the sam or the eis system gone bad. I have a question though if it was the eis system gone bad, wouldn't the car not start at all? I can jump the car and it runs fine but if i leave it for more than 2 hours now it won't start at all unless i jump it. Is there an easy way to check what is draining the battery? I think it's going to be the sam or fusebox? Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.

Another note i had my do an oil change before at a local euro shop. When i went to go jump my car...the battery cover was missing! there has been rain in my area the past few weeks so i think some moisture may have found its way in the fuse box as well. I will probably have to pull out the multimeter and check each fuse.

If it was the SAM, if i buy the part, it has to be programmed by dealership correct?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
I hear that the seat adjusting motors are a common culprit for this, since they work without the ignition being turned on. I guess just unplugging them will prove it, but check that it is OK to do this first - ie won't upset the airgbags etc.

hth
Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350
Originally Posted by keith100
I hear that the seat adjusting motors are a common culprit for this, since they work without the ignition being turned on. I guess just unplugging them will prove it, but check that it is OK to do this first - ie won't upset the airgbags etc.

hth
Thanks hth, I will try that today. Does anybody else have input?
Old 10-06-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
Did you end up finding the root cause for this issue? I have a 2011 C300 and it has the same problem.

last Friday I had to get a jumpstart after driving around for most of the evening. then the following days the car would start up but it each time it had a slight delay. yesterday the delay was even more significant to the point where I asked my co- worker not to leave until my car would start and indeed I needed a jump start.

I plugged in the charger overnight and dropped of the car at the dealer this morning. "DAS indicated that there were numerous under voltage codes, checked battery for causes of shutoff, found that standing lights and low beams where the causes of the last shutoff. (i didn't leave my lights on). Checked tips document GI51.10-p-053760 relating to this concern, performed mid tronics test of battery".

Problem I have is that I have a laser jammer and midcity remote starter installed and now MB wont touch it until all after market stuff is removed. Still had to pay a $250 "Diagnostic fee". Let me know how your issue was resolved please