C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

disable seatbelt alarm - taxi-car some medical patients CANT use the belt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast
I try not to be rude but please, do count how many times ive had to repeat myself allready.

Maybe i should edit the first post to massive font-size and add pictures to help people with issues in reading comprehension.

Just recently i had to take the camera "black box" to be unloaded cause someone claimed my driver smokes in the car. He doesnt even smoke... If he did and was caught, career over most likely. Same goes for those stupid belt-clips. "Safety hazard" according to rules.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by peelo
I try not to be rude but please, do count how many times ive had to repeat myself allready.

Maybe i should edit the first post to massive font-size and add pictures to help people with issues in reading comprehension.

Just recently i had to take the camera "black box" to be unloaded cause someone claimed my driver smokes in the car. He doesnt even smoke... If he did and was caught, career over most likely. Same goes for those stupid belt-clips. "Safety hazard" according to rules.
Can't you just take the clips out if your passenger is requesting the seatbelt?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Fast
Its illegal ever use those clips. Usage of safety-obstructing equipment. Jeah, the law says its impossible to remove it so no, you cant use it.

A LOT of drivers have lost their licence over the years for those.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 PM

2008 C300 4MAT LX
A "Seat Belt Clip Extender" is not illegal, its idea is to make the seat belt a bit longer so a little comfortable for passenger, disable the seat belt alarm is only a side effect, you have ask a illegal question that's why most answers are illegal...
Old 01-13-2014, 08:52 AM

Fast
And im sure you've lived here, know the current laws and have practiced my profession under these laws...

Clips, extenders, etc. NO! Just no.
Drivers have had their licence suspended, some have lost it for good for using things like that. I wont take the risk can you please stop about those things.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Just fasten the seatbelt before anyone gets in the car. You would not be obstructing any safety features and it is your passengers responsibility (I assume) to actually unbuckle the seatbelt and use it corectly. Therefore, they could just sit on top of the belt and there would be no issues. Probably not the best solution but could be a temporary one until you find a more permanent option.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
^ Man is he going to yell at you.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C300 sport 4matic
You could unplug the wiring that goes to passenger seat, but then you may loose air bag function. I think it can be done via Star program , but no dealer will agree to that as they will be liable and may violate state /federal laws.

Why don't you simply tell them to sit in the back seat if they are unable to put on seat belt?

PS. Please don't yell at me, I'm very fragile emotionally.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 AM

Fast
Originally Posted by sharkey_lsu
Just fasten the seatbelt before anyone gets in the car. You would not be obstructing any safety features and it is your passengers responsibility (I assume) to actually unbuckle the seatbelt and use it corectly. Therefore, they could just sit on top of the belt and there would be no issues. Probably not the best solution but could be a temporary one until you find a more permanent option.
Recent discussion puts this idea somewhat in the "grey area" law-wise. Sitting on top of the belt is not very comfy. Most ppl could do it but the ones who can use the belt mostly dont like it being behind em... Medical patients, pregnent women, etc...

No, pref no.

Originally Posted by tonyteetime
You could unplug the wiring that goes to passenger seat, but then you may loose air bag function. I think it can be done via Star program , but no dealer will agree to that as they will be liable and may violate state /federal laws.

Why don't you simply tell them to sit in the back seat if they are unable to put on seat belt?

PS. Please don't yell at me, I'm very fragile emotionally.
Sounds like a plan. Been thinking where the wires go... Also opening up the reciever-end of the buckle and "improvising" could do the trick. Bit scared to go poking there tho.

Star CANNOT program the FACELIFT W204, non-FL it could and all Es. Its not hardcoded, it can be programmed but not via Star.
This info is aprox 2 months old. May need to go see if theres been an update...

I have a written permit to re-program or mechanicly alter the system. If it can be done, i can legaly do it or have it done via any shop or third party.
Took me quite some efford to get it in writing.

C-class backseat... Sure if your an amputee, jeah, both legs.
In a more serious note, if possible, i recommend the back-seat, but just recently had a quite tall guy in who had cast in his leg. He needed the front seat, alltho he could and did use the belt. 300 miles trip.