C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Constant Misfires! - Hall sensor Codes - After Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Constant Misfires! - Hall sensor Codes - After Replacement

New here to MBworld! but ive had this c300 in my garage for a while, Pics soon,

So im currently rebuilding my c300 and there is a good possibility my wiring harness is bad, but before i go through all that trouble and possibly pull the engine to inspect the back side of it, im wondering if anyone knows proper voltages that are supposed to be coming to the three Wires that plug into the Camshaft Hall sensor.

i will update soon with the actual code numbers being thrown but the scan tool says

- Right Exhaust Camshaft Hall Sensor Short circuit to positive
- Right Intake Camshaft Hall sensor short circuit to positive
- Constant adjustment of the left cylinder bank in "advanced"
also lots of misfire codes.

The only voltage differences im Seeing in the wires from the "good" hall sensors on the left side Read 0.0 on the brown ( ground? ) 6.8 on the middle wire, and 12.3 on the larger Red Power wire.

and BOTH right side Hall sensors i replaced. so im assuming this is a wiring issue that i cannot find.

also, i replaced my Magnets and a Bad o2 sensor, on one side and after the first start up it ran much cleaner and better but soon settled in to the same constant pulsating Misfire, very aggravating.

Before i pull my engine to inspect the harness further im wondering if i can get some or any input on this, thanks so much!