C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

No Door Drains. Rust ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
In the eyes of ROW the US is considered a wastefull toss-out society. Is this deserved ~ Yes mostly. Should the comment create any sensitivity ~ No. It is merely an honest perspective.
Yes.....the Brits wonder why we keep tossing out toothbrushes every few months when they know one should last a lifetime!

Now, that's comedy!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 W204, 2015 X204
I don't see why sloppy statements about half-a-billion mostly good people are considered "ok" on here, but I'm obviously in the minority. Point taken and I will adjust my expectations accordingly. No harm, no foul.

As long as ALL opinions are equally acceptable on here, I'm game. I happen to think it's ironic that some people think North American society is a throw-away type. Where I'm from, we look at ourselves BEFORE we comment on others. Applies to individuals as well as groups.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 W204, 2015 X204
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Yes.....the Brits wonder why we keep tossing out toothbrushes every few months when they know one should last a lifetime!

Now, that's comedy!
Post of the day goes to....Sportstick!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by spyked
Wrong. Be careful there.

But even if it was true, at least we produce products (automobiles) here in N.A. to throw away if we wanted to. How's the auto industry doing down there?
Hello Spyked,

Thank Chr#st, at least someone rose to my comment.

I was becoming disappointed that there were no takers to my question re drains in MB doors hence my suspicion that no one cared whether their doors rusted out. There is still no comment from the large northern continent .

The main reason why Ford & GHM manufacturing is not making a success here is that they continue to produce large gas guzzling vehicles that are not wanted by the Australian consumer.

European cars in Australia have had 4 wheel independent suspension , 4 wheel disc brakes,rack & pinion steering , cross flow heads & rust protection since the early 70's. Not so Ford or GMH. These did not come until much later.

Most Australians want a local industry but the writing has been on the wall for a generation but there has been no modern thinking by either US parent company. The US companies are now trying to bleed the Australian taxpayers, asking for subsidies to support their poor decision making & laziness.

On the other hand Toyota is delivering vehicles the Australian public wants.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
It seems to suggest that professional journalists or business people are so susceptible to either regionality or pandering that they cannot objectively look at a set of facts and draw the same conclusions as colleagues in other regions. If so, that is a very distressing analysis of the highly educated, professionally trained human mind.
Sorry ~ just been on a long Skype call.

Maybe but true. This cognitive blindness as I have always called it during my global career is well illustrated in US politics or any country's politics. Very well educated people look at the same data set & list of facts & draw very different conclusions from them. I'm a Professor Joseph E. Stiglitz follower as an example. Many consider his conclusions to be heresy.

Anyway ~ We are not allowing a political conversation to grow in a technical forum.

Regarding cultural differences & sensitivities see above. As well as perceptions of right & wrong. I'm happy with my research base.

Let's get back on topic ~ drain holes & rusty doors
Old 11-16-2013, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Sorry ~ just been on a long Skype call.

Maybe but true. This cognitive blindness as I have always called it during my global career is well illustrated in US politics or any country's politics. Very well educated people look at the same data set & list of facts & draw very different conclusions from them. I'm a Professor Joseph E. Stiglitz follower as an example. Many consider his conclusions to be heresy.

Anyway ~ We are not allowing a political conversation to grow in a technical forum.

Regarding cultural differences & sensitivities see above. As well as perceptions of right & wrong. I'm happy with my research base.

Let's get back on topic ~ drain holes & rusty doors
I guess I was distinguishing business professionals, MBA case studies, etc. from politics, but so be it.

I don't see drain holes, but after 5 years have perfect paint and no signs of corrosion here!

Thanks to the OP for allowing our digression without protest!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Business professionals & professional journalists across cultures suffer perpetual cognitive blindness.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
I guess I was distinguishing business professionals, MBA case studies, etc. from politics, but so be it.

I don't see drain holes, but after 5 years have perfect paint and no signs of corrosion here!

Thanks to the OP for allowing our digression without protest!
No worries sportstick , I have enjoyed the informed discussion & banter

JC
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

BTW ~ in case anyone missed it. JC found his drain holes.