C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Broken TPMS valve stem / Replacement Question Pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 4Matic
Lightbulb Broken TPMS valve stem / Replacement Question Pics...

One of my TPMS valve stems is broken. Had a body shop fill up the tires with air for me, and when I went to check the PSI surprise! One of the stems was broken in half and it looks like a needle is sticking out of it. Now I can't check the pressure or refill it. I've included a picture of exactly what it looks like.

What I need to know is if I can just replace the valve stem and not have to replace the entire TPMS system. If I can, would this be the piece I need?

Mercedes Part # 0004005713 - Made by Schrader, the OEM supplier to Mercedes

It's selling on eBay for ~$15 and seems to include instructions. Is this what's called a rebuild kit? Does anyone know if this is a good price for it or if I can find cheaper?

I've searched the forums and found conflicting posts where some say the whole sensor needs to be replaced and others say only the stem. The body shop is not taking liability but willing to put the piece on for free if I buy it myself.

Is it very involved for them? After breaking my valve stem, I don't really trust them. But if it's simply taking the wheel off, exchanging the stem, and putting the wheel back I would. No TPMS programming has to be done after it's back on does it?

Help is fully appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Broken TPMS valve stem / Replacement Question Pics...-bc6c88aa.jpg   Broken TPMS valve stem / Replacement Question Pics...-t2ec16f-qe9s3hcovcbric0lppuq-60_57.jpg   Broken TPMS valve stem / Replacement Question Pics...-t2ec16z-yme9s5qhs8obric0etf-q-60_57.jpg   Broken TPMS valve stem / Replacement Question Pics...-t2ec16d-zue9s38-qpwbric0wmsgq-60_57.jpg  

Last edited by JohnnyC300; 12-19-2013 at 03:48 AM.