C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

CEL after LED and HID install. I searched..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4matic
CEL after LED and HID install. I searched..

So, I can't find anything on the forums for this. I have been searching since last night for hours.

I installed AZN Optics CREE LED's for the license plate lights. Install went well, and they look great. No errors or check engine light.

I then attempted to install LED's in the eyelids and an HID kit. HID install went fine. However, when trying to install the eyelid LED's, I plugged in the first one and it wouldn't light up. Figured reverse polarity. Flipped it around, nothing.

So I installed the oem bulb. Nothing. I did not over insert the LED, or the OEM bulb. So on to the second bulb for the eyelid. SAME THING happens. These both worked before the install.

HID KIT - DDM 35W 5000K with error eliminator.
Eyelid LED's - just same basic DDM LED's I had leftover from my Yamaha R1.

Now, I'm getting a constant-on check engine light. Car is a little rough at Idle. Wife wants to castrate me (her car).

What did I do wrong? Did the LED issue somehow F something up with the SAM, which would cause the car to throw a CEL and have a less than perfect idle?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't like sleeping on the couch.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4matic
Mike at Azn optics helped me out with cycling the SAM unit. I'm going to order new LEDs from him for the eye lids.

As far as the CEL, it was just coincidence. Cyl5 misfire. Just needs some spark plugs. No couch for me.