Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Rear SAM Unit Coding ~ Problem >

Rear SAM Unit Coding ~ Problem

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Rear SAM Unit Coding ~ Problem

Old 11-22-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2010 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by w204_Generic View Post
I have a quick and important update for you all.

I managed to get everything to work as intended. The tail lights have no fog lamp errors anymore and the best of all is that my heated seats and rear sunshade work the way they are supposed to.

Also, I have managed to code pre-facelift rear SAMs as well. With the use of a 2013 W204 and my 2011 W204, we can successfully use these two cars, to work together in the re-programming process.

The first step is to remove the SAM on a pre-facelift car and install it inside the 2013 W204, so we can correctly program the tail lights to function accordingly. Then, we take it out of the facelift W204 and insert it back into my car to program the heated seats and rear sunshade. Then there you have it, a successfully coded pre-facelift Service Acquisition Module!
Would this work with a 2010 as well?

I'm in the same boat, I have a pre-facelift but I'd like to use the facelift tail lights without losing any other functions.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by c63philly View Post
i bought a 09 with ebay led tails, i switched them out for stock 09 tails since i was having a issue with reverse lights cutting out and center brake light. also no sun shade
That is odd, it is almost like the previous owner possibly tried to recode their SAM but failed and purchased eBay tailights. Since you have regular rear halogen tailights, I would recommend recoding the SAM to factory settings based on your VIN
Old 11-23-2016, 09:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Shimee View Post

Would this work with a 2010 as well?

I'm in the same boat, I have a pre-facelift but I'd like to use the facelift tail lights without losing any other functions.
Yes as long as you have a facelift W204 to preform the programming in, to have the taillights functioning flawlessly on your prefacelift.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Class W204 Elegance
Yes as long as you have a facelift W204 to preform the programming in, to have the taillights functioning flawlessly on your prefacelift.

Hi there, I bought a used rear SAM from a facelift car and I am planning to install it on my pre-facelift car in order for the lights to work properly. Do I need to use Star Diagnosis to code the SAM or it is simply plug and play (as it is used, it is already programmed, right?). I do not have a rear sunshade or heated seats so I probably do not have to worry about any other functions.

Thank you
Old 03-24-2018, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by pmanis View Post
Hi there, I bought a used rear SAM from a facelift car and I am planning to install it on my pre-facelift car in order for the lights to work properly. Do I need to use Star Diagnosis to code the SAM or it is simply plug and play (as it is used, it is already programmed, right?). I do not have a rear sunshade or heated seats so I probably do not have to worry about any other functions.

Thank you
Plug and play. I did the same exact thing on my car with OEM face-lift tail lights.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c300 4matic sport
Yes, that works as well. We coded them both successfully. However, we reprogrammed my old rear SAM back to how it was when I bought the car, so if I have any issues I can use that rear SAM. I currently have the facelift rear SAM unit in my car, because I already had it.

But I have happy to say we can code pre-facelift rear SAMs to function properly with LED Tail Lights.
Is it possible that I can send you my 2010 rear sam pre face lift to get coded?...