C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Potential new buyer

Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
Potential new buyer

Hello everyone, new member / forum lurker here! I've been on the fence for awhile now to get a luxury car and the choices came down to Mercedes and BMW. Although I feel BMWs are fun ( my brother has one ), I felt like I'd rather have the more refined brand in Mercedes.

I fell in love with the 2015 C class, however, I still feel like I got a little "young buck" still in me and like the more sportier look of the 2014s. Not to mention, I think I can make out like a bandit on a deal with 2014s because of the impending 2015s, which I feel will sell at or above MSRP. So, long story short, I'll probably go the 2014 route, but now I can't make up mind on the C350 sedan or coupe. I like the sportier coupe, but it almost seems more... feminine ( not to insult anyone here ). Any guys want to sound off on the coupe or sedan?

Thanks in advance for your responses and input!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
Originally Posted by TexBenzo
Hello everyone, new member / forum lurker here! I've been on the fence for awhile now to get a luxury car and the choices came down to Mercedes and BMW. Although I feel BMWs are fun ( my brother has one ), I felt like I'd rather have the more refined brand in Mercedes.

I fell in love with the 2015 C class, however, I still feel like I got a little "young buck" still in me and like the more sportier look of the 2014s. Not to mention, I think I can make out like a bandit on a deal with 2014s because of the impending 2015s, which I feel will sell at or above MSRP. So, long story short, I'll probably go the 2014 route, but now I can't make up mind on the C350 sedan or coupe. I like the sportier coupe, but it almost seems more... feminine ( not to insult anyone here ). Any guys want to sound off on the coupe or sedan?

Thanks in advance for your responses and input!
I don't see how you think the coupe is for chicks
Old 05-27-2014, 10:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Get a C63 AMG Coupe and the notion of femininity will never cross your mind! Work on a deal with them, you'll be surprised what they can do for you. If anything, once you deal on a C63 and can't come to an agreement you certainly have the bargaining power to request the same discounts on a C350.. Kind of like a reversed bait and switch on them.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
2010 c300
I actually see more female sedan drivers than coupe in my area.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
I have never seen a young girl drive a C-Class. I think you are getting the Mercedes-Benz mixed up with this other German car:

Old 05-27-2014, 10:53 PM

C300
I'm in Dallas and own a c300, so I notice this more often. Its overwhelmingly true in this city that women are driving the c-class (sedan), with exception to the c63.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:56 PM

C250
Hehe, I love that you guys sounded off on the coupe! Again, I'm certainly not insulting, just throwing out an observation! I certainly like the coupe as it looks sportier and I would LOVE to get an C63, but I feel it would be way out of budget... even on a lease. It just seems like I see more professional type women driving the coupe and I want to make sure I step into the men's club when I get my first Mercedes. I think the C350 sport coupe is a nice trade off for the C63 look at about $15k cheaper.

Looks like I'll be trying to make a deal on the coupe... Wish me luck!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:57 PM

C250
** Update **
Ok, things did not go so well on my first visit to the MB dealership today. I test drove the coupe and sedan as well as let the salesperson talk me into test driving an E class coupe ( which I really liked as well, but $65K... woah ). At the end of it all, I knew a 2015 was gonna be next to impossible to deal on and the 2014s are starting to get scarce.

So, I reluctantly selected a 2014 sedan that had the majority of stuff I would look for in the car. The right color, sport model, etc. it was just missing the upgraded light ( bi-xenons ) and didn't have the sportier disc brakes / rims. Anyways, I decided to run some leasing numbers to get an idea what I would be looking at. So here's what they offered...

MSRP: $48,435
Discounted price: $46,307
Asking $5K down with 36 month lease at $671/mo - 10K/yr

So yeah, that's a joke.... they want me to invest almost $30K into this car at 10K miles per yr and walk away after 36 months with nothing to show for it. I feel as if this is an insult to my intelligence and that I should simply walk away from this dealership if they truly try to fleece potential MB customers this way. I know it's a business and all, but really.

So, the question is, should I now play hard ball and make this dealership respect me or should I take my business elsewhere? Those numbers are an insult, it's a seriously crappy discount on a model that's about to be obsolete and I just feel dirty after seeing something like this. Talk to me MB folks, what do you think?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 AMG SPORT
** Update **
Ok, things did not go so well on my first visit to the MB dealership today. I test drove the coupe and sedan as well as let the salesperson talk me into test driving an E class coupe ( which I really liked as well, but $65K... woah ). At the end of it all, I knew a 2015 was gonna be next to impossible to deal on and the 2014s are starting to get scarce.

So, I reluctantly selected a 2014 sedan that had the majority of stuff I would look for in the car. The right color, sport model, etc. it was just missing the upgraded light ( bi-xenons ) and didn't have the sportier disc brakes / rims. Anyways, I decided to run some leasing numbers to get an idea what I would be looking at. So here's what they offered...

So yeah, that's a joke.... they want me to invest almost $30K into this car at 10K miles per yr and walk away after 36 months with nothing to show for it. I feel as if this is an insult to my intelligence and that I should simply walk away from this dealership if they truly try to fleece potential MB customers this way. I know it's a business and all, but really.

So, the question is, should I now play hard ball and make this dealership respect me or should I take my business elsewhere? Those numbers are an insult, it's a seriously crappy discount on a model that's about to be obsolete and I just feel dirty after seeing something like this. Talk to me MB folks, what do you think?

Ok...here is my 2 cents.
1) consider a 2013-14 CPO with low miles.
2) shop on the net not at the dealer.
3) don't lease the 2014, the residual value is too low.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 Sport
Above advice is sound. Shop another dealer...that is a crappy deal. Consider CPO.... There is enough of them out there.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:53 PM

2013 C250 Sport P1
Originally Posted by xzotik1
Ok...here is my 2 cents.
1) consider a 2013-14 CPO with low miles.
2) shop on the net not at the dealer.
3) don't lease the 2014, the residual value is too low.
+1
I bought a 2013 CPO that was one of the dealer's loaner cars. 13k mi on the clock and nicely equipped with P1 package & AMG wheels. Got out the door for $31k including California tax, title and dmv fees. That's just shy of $12k off sticker just for letting the dealer use it for a year AND do the 10k maint.

Of course I do lust after a nicely loaded E-250 Blu-Tech, but at $65k it's twice the price and a touch out of reach...for now.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by SCTinkering
+1
I bought a 2013 CPO that was one of the dealer's loaner cars. 13k mi on the clock and nicely equipped with P1 package & AMG wheels. Got out the door for $31k including California tax, title and dmv fees. That's just shy of $12k off sticker just for letting the dealer use it for a year AND do the 10k maint.

Of course I do lust after a nicely loaded E-250 Blu-Tech, but at $65k it's twice the price and a touch out of reach...for now.
jesus you got a steal....

I thought i got a deal on a 19k C250 no P1 for 29ish out the door... i have such bad buyers remorse for not waiting now
Old 05-30-2014, 08:41 PM

2013 c300
Originally Posted by sev7nflow
jesus you got a steal....

I thought i got a deal on a 19k C250 no P1 for 29ish out the door... i have such bad buyers remorse for not waiting now
I got mine for $33.5k with 6000 miles.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:46 AM

C250
Solid advice gents, it's much appreciated! Yes, I bet there's a number of CPOs available, so I'll look there also.

As for the shopping for deals on the net, do you guys have a site that you go to to find MB lease deals, etc? I'll Google for one also, but if you know of a respectable, no BS site that has offers, it would be much appreciated.

Can't thank the community here enough, solid tips!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
** Update **

This was for a C350? Seems a bit steep try to visit another dealership and see what numbers they can work out for you.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:10 PM

2013 c300
Solid advice gents, it's much appreciated! Yes, I bet there's a number of CPOs available, so I'll look there also.

As for the shopping for deals on the net, do you guys have a site that you go to to find MB lease deals, etc? I'll Google for one also, but if you know of a respectable, no BS site that has offers, it would be much appreciated.

Can't thank the community here enough, solid tips!
First I check out the available options on the MB site, then I got to cars.com and search for the ones I like with all the possible options. For me I really liked the DINAMICA package (18 inch wheels, peddle shifters, red seat belts). I had to drive 5 hrs to find one with low miles and decent price. The only options that my car didn't have was the lighting package (impossible to find), pano sunroof, lane change assist, otherwise it was pretty solid. And cpo a must