C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Any tips for machine polishing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63, 335i
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
momentum, air pressure, variable pressure, vibration, doesn't matter... trust me, I have that machine, put enough pressure down on it and it will stop spinning. Either way, it's not moving at any speed fast enough to polish anything let alone generate heat to burn the paint with the pressure down like in that video. That's one of the feature of a Porter Cable 7424XP. Put pretty much any other machine (DA or rotary, and especially the harbor freight machine OP posted above) that doesn't have that safety measure and you will burn the paint sitting in one spot for 15 minutes.
point is, it's a DA, it's spinning, it's on the paint, it's not going to burn it.

since the other gentleman is being Ms. Literal about a simple statement, I will address counter arguments the same way.

Do you realize how much effort it would take to burn or twist clear with that chicago electric? let's be real now...
Old 06-04-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Yup. Word of warning though... detailing OCD is a slippery slope... you might start off shopping for a simple soap and end up like me lol:

And btw, I prefer Lake Country pads over Chemical Guys. I've tried both. Surbuf pads are good for hard mercedes paint correction from what I've found, but if I was starting from scratch, I'd go with the new microfiber system instead of traditional foam/wool.
BEARD OF ZEUS! I suppose my little collection of Meguires products shall now be deemed sub-par. I feel as though my manhood has been some how cheapened after seeing this.....
Old 06-04-2014, 02:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by tofu-

point is, it's a DA, it's spinning, it's on the paint, it's not going to burn it.

since the other gentleman is being Ms. Literal about a simple statement, I will address counter arguments the same way.

Do you realize how much effort it would take to burn or twist clear with that chicago electric? let's be real now...
You're still talking? Give it up, you are wrong....you're trying too hard...

Last edited by w204_Generic; 06-04-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:42 PM

c63, 335i
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
[stupidity]
hey man, you asked for a video and i gave you one.

i'll go back to burning my clear and you can go back to regurgitating generic info.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by tofu-

hey man, you asked for a video and i gave you one.

i'll go back to burning my clear and you can go back to regurgitating generic info.
Wrong, once again. I asked for a video from you, not a random guy from YouTube.......I would like to see you make your paint look like tofu.

What you gave us, was the safest buffer out on the market as stated. This was not one the OP was going to use, thus irrelevant once again, which raises the question, why am I still replying?

Even stated by himself in the video description is not recommended to do by novices and can really beat the paint....

I think my point here is complete. Thus, I will not respond to your childish, irrelevant, false posts any longer. I will let you perish with wisdom and let you look like more of an idiot when you post again.

Last edited by w204_Generic; 06-04-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 PM

c63, 335i
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Wrong, once again. I asked for a video from you, not a random guy from YouTube.......I would like to see you make your paint look like tofu.

What you gave us, was the safest buffer out on the market as stated. This was not one the OP was going to use, thus irrelevant once again, which raises the question, why am I still replying?

Even stated by himself in the video description is not recommended to do by novices and can really beat the paint....

I think my point here is complete. Thus, I will not respond to your childish, irrelevant, false posts any longer. I will let you perish with wisdom and let you look like more of an idiot when you post again.

random guy from youtube? heh...