C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C63 Hood Strips [INSTALL THREAD] have some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4 matic
Originally Posted by rtr2
The shop sent me a couple of basic diagrams, but wait until I get home and get all of the info together for you. This was when they were thinking they were going to have to do a harness from nothing, but discovered that almost all of the lights worked with the small section that they removed from the KABEL harness with only a few mods. The way they are doing this allows this to be plugged directly into the old harness then into the new lights without cutting any wiring which could possibly violate any warranties. IMPORTANT-Kabledivako makes a great product, but are slow shipping. It took me along time to get this part. If you are ordering from them, make arrangements to expedite shipping, and DO NOT start taking everything apart waiting on them as you will be waiting a long time.

I have attached the receipt for the KABEL harness, but you do not need all of this, only a few pieces. I will have the list of parts, the shops final diagram, STAR's complete diagram of every wire including each plug, what each wire is, definitions etc (I paid for this so you will not have to), etc hopefully for you by this weekend.

Remember anyone doing this, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK-I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH YOUR CAR... I recommend taking this to a professional like I did as it could easily destroy electrical systems on you car, SAM unit, warranty, etc. Basically if you F it up, then it is your fault, not mine. On that note good luck.
Hello everyone! New member here and came across this thread. I am doing a facelift conversion and got all the parts ordered and currently at the body shop (had an accident and decided to go for it). The shop advised the harness connector from the new halogen headlights do not fit the car's harness (also halogen). I just placed an order for the new wiring harness connector adapter crehop posted and waiting on them. Somehow all the pictures for the different wiring diagrams have been deleted from the post, could you guys share that if you are still around, it would be a great help and would appreciate it a lot. I think I know how to go about it, from what I understand you replace the old wiring harness connector with the new one and use the wiring diagram to re-pin the connectors to match the new ones. Were you able to swap them without changing the ISO pin connectors or do they fit fine under the new harness? Pictures will help a lot, thank Tuy again in advance!