C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Command screen problem, car doesn't beep when locked! So frustrated!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
Command screen problem, car doesn't beep when locked! So frustrated!

2012 c250
So I noticed this morning my command screen didn't light up like it usually does when I start it up... I have ------ this line that runs through it.. The radio works but the cd part doesn't. And the volume buttons on the steering wheel doesn't work.. 😒 THEEEENNNN... I get out and lock my car and it doesn't beep! Then I noticed when going back to my car and I unlocked it the lights don't stay on like its supposed to! It just flashes but the inside lights don't turn on nor does the outside lights stay on for the few seconds it's supposed to 😔. I have no idea what's going on here.. All I found on this forum is how to fix the command issue but it seems as though no one as is having these other little problems.. Please tell me what you think the problem is if any of you know or had the same experience! Thanks so much!!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:11 AM

12' C250, 96' Toyota Landcruiser
Are you the original owner? Do you still have factory warranty?

If yes/yes, then the dealer should fix it. I had an issue with the command screen going blank but all the functions worked, dealer did a software update and it was fine.

All the lighting/beeping settings are controlled from the steering wheel, but it would be hard to troubleshoot it if those buttons are not working.

Short answer.. trip to the dealer.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:16 AM

C250
Originally Posted by BerkeleyMD
Are you the original owner? Do you still have factory warranty?

If yes/yes, then the dealer should fix it. I had an issue with the command screen going blank but all the functions worked, dealer did a software update and it was fine.

All the lighting/beeping settings are controlled from the steering wheel, but it would be hard to troubleshoot it if those buttons are not working.

Short answer.. trip to the dealer.
No I'm not the original owner and don't have factory warranty just the extended warranty and mercedes did tell me that I needed an update. So I have to take it in anyways. The left side of the steering wheel works so I can scroll through the different options. I don't think I disabled anything. Oh wait I did a factory reset earlier thinking it would helps steering wheel problem. Maybe that's why?
Old 09-30-2014, 02:03 PM

C250
Or can anyone tell me how to do the fuse trick on this particular model?