C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Dent on B Pillar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport W204
Dent on B Pillar

So I got my vehicle back from the dealer last night. They replaced some drivers side seat belt piece they deemed was making noise and I think in the process they put a dent in my driver's side B Pillar, the glossy black piece that goes above the outside door. I'm 99% sure that wasn't there before, because I'm very particular about my car and those sort of things. My question is, will the material allow for the dent to be "popped out" by a dent repair shop, instead of having to replace the piece? I know of a place that wouldn't charge more than $40, which for me would be better than having to go back to the dealer and trying to prove they did it.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:26 AM

MB C220 Sport W204, 18" AMGs, Grey lthr, xenons, p'ktronic, HKardon, Comand nav.
It's unlikely that this can be "smart" repaired as it's not metal and/or paint. Either stump up for a new piece or tell the dealer your concerns. If you look after your car (and I know how it is as I do too) they will be able to see it straight off the bat and may give you the repair gratis.

Last edited by NewtwoMB; 11-19-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Correct text
Old 11-19-2014, 04:11 PM

2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport W204
Originally Posted by NewtwoMB
It's unlikely that this can be "smart" repaired as it's not metal and/or paint. Either stump up for a new piece or tell the dealer your concerns. If you look after your car (and I know how it is as I do too) they will be able to see it straight off the bat and may give you the repair gratis.
Just gave my service advisor a call and told them about it, and they are agreeing to replace it! I'm very surprised with how well they've worked with me, and I didn't even buy the car there. Jackie Cooper Imports in Tulsa is the place to go.