C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tornado Pro Tuning box, it works !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
C200 4matic
Tornado Pro Tuning box, it works !!

Hi all

So after a very disappointing experience with racechip i was contract by a friend here in mbworld.

The box is called Tornado Pro Tuning Box, its another plug and play system but with 4 wires instead of 2 wires for racechip.

I am not mechanic but it took a local shop about an hour to install and the shop had never installed it on a benz before btw.

I have to say that I am very skeptical but i figured no harm in trying and im very happy that I did.

My car is a C180 made in China and official it puts out 156HK which is actually plenty for driving in Shanghai but one of the things that I dont like is the slow reaction from the gas pedal.

After the install i was naturally really excited and was hoping for a box that would actually work.
All I can say is that this one freaking works!! Its absolutely awesome.. Instant reaction from lower power band and feels like a lot more torque. The car is very sporty now and feels really fast.. No error messages and no jerkiness at all.
Mine comes with 2 setting green and red and I have been advised that the gearbox and software installed in the benz I should only use the green setting.

I have used red and the car feels a little wild and a little jerky. But in green there is just power and power..

I took it out last night for good drive with my wife and even she noticed the extra power of my little benz...

Finally a box that works!

Narry one of the developers based here in China drives a C260 and has it installed as well. I actually think he dynoed that car with the box.

He has been extremely helpful, giving information and advise how it works and what the box actually does.

Very high recommendation from my side

I added some more pictures for reference.
Attached Thumbnails Tornado Pro  Tuning box, it works !!-tornado-pro-tuning-box.jpg   Tornado Pro  Tuning box, it works !!-image1-2-.jpeg   Tornado Pro  Tuning box, it works !!-image3.jpeg   Tornado Pro  Tuning box, it works !!-image4.jpeg   Tornado Pro  Tuning box, it works !!-image5.jpeg  

Tornado Pro  Tuning box, it works !!-image6.jpeg  

Last edited by janusgrimnitz; 12-02-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML550 C350
Where do you buy it, how much was it?
Old 12-03-2014, 07:03 PM

C200 4matic
Originally Posted by C3504M
Where do you buy it, how much was it?
I got it directly from one of the developers here in China he is a foreigner based here. I can send you a pm with their email address.
I'm not sure if I can share it here when they are not a paying member

Justo downloaded their app also so I can check engine specs and performance. It's quite cool.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:56 PM

2013 C250
I looked online for any information regarding that Tornado Pro Tuning Box company, and I can't find anything besides one picture.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:19 PM

C200 4matic
Originally Posted by EvolutionDrock
I looked online for any information regarding that Tornado Pro Tuning Box company, and I can't find anything besides one picture.
as far as I know its a brand new company... It was recommended by a friend and he hooked me up with a box...

they website site should be up in a couple of days so you can check it out. I can PM you the email addy of Narry one of the developers and he can answer questions etc.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:43 PM

C200 4matic
I will invite Narry to join here. He can explain about their product then
Old 12-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
i don't know... a lot of hardware for something you can do by tuning the ECU and/or changing the throttle level response.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by Doa
i don't know... a lot of hardware for something you can do by tuning the ECU and/or changing the throttle level response.
But the problem is we can't tune the Siemens ECU, however you can adjust the throttle response via pedal box or the sort.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:02 AM

C200 4matic
Originally Posted by Knightmare69
But the problem is we can't tune the Siemens ECU, however you can adjust the throttle response via pedal box or the sort.
Bro this guy is based out of HKG if you want to try out the box... I cant find a dyno in Shanghai so I cant test the actual result...
Old 12-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C260
Smile wrong

my freind this is 2014 even if you cannot flash the ecu the siemens or any other ecu can be tuned is possible
narry
also i have posted here some details
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6256426

Last edited by Narry; 12-08-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:00 PM

ML550 C350
Originally Posted by Narry
my freind this is 2014 even if you cannot flash the ecu the siemens or any other ecu can be tuned is possible
narry
ok so how much is this and what kind of gain do you get
Old 12-08-2014, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
narry
Yes, I'm well aware of your thread. And if you noticed, I said that the Siemens ECU cannot be tuned, not that the car itself cannot and I was responding to DOA. There are many threads on piggyback tunes in the forum to which I'm surprised you missed as according to your thread, seemed you could not find one.

janusgrimnitz- I'll keep that in mind, I'm going to try a different method first which hopefully if it works, is pretty much OEM.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C260
Smile

Yes, I'm well aware of your thread. And if you noticed, I said that the Siemens ECU cannot be tuned, not that the car itself cannot and I was responding to DOA. There are many threads on piggyback tunes in the forum to which I'm surprised you missed as according to your thread, seemed you could not find one.

janusgrimnitz- I'll keep that in mind, I'm going to try a different method first which hopefully if it works, is pretty much OEM.
hi
i think you missunderstand what i want to tell you some people think that only ecu reflash is only the good solution but with some external ecus ( piggy bank)avaible in the market some tuning can be even be more better than ecu reflash also it also depends on what the tuning box can do also in which area it was installed for example if you install a piggy bank or tuning box in europe it may give good result (example only western europe)
same applies to usa but same ecu cannot work to the optimise level in hongkong or tropical climate which might require adding a extra sensor adjustment to it also in our part of world almost all change mid exhaust pipe
and muffler which in europe may be customers donot change it,
that why customisation is required which i want ready to pay
but most of the people in this business are too rich or very arrogant
they donot even want to speak to you ( sometimes i wonder if they consider some customers AS HUMAN)
SO i had no choice but to develop something
Old 12-09-2014, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
hi
i think you missunderstand what i want to tell you some people think that only ecu reflash is only the good solution but with some external ecus ( piggy bank)avaible in the market some tuning can be even be more better than ecu reflash also it also depends on what the tuning box can do also in which area it was installed for example if you install a piggy bank or tuning box in europe it may give good result (example only western europe)
same applies to usa but same ecu cannot work to the optimise level in hongkong or tropical climate which might require adding a extra sensor adjustment to it also in our part of world almost all change mid exhaust pipe
and muffler which in europe may be customers donot change it,
that why customisation is required which i want ready to pay
but most of the people in this business are too rich or very arrogant
they donot even want to speak to you ( sometimes i wonder if they consider some customers AS HUMAN)
SO i had no choice but to develop something
No, I didn't misunderstand you. However I still believe that a ecu flash is the best solution as it completely covers the engine parameters. No matter how good a piggyback is (and there are making lots of improvements to piggybacks now) it still isn't complete when compared to a ECU flash.

Plus a piggyback is still working against the ECU in the sense that it needs to intercept the original signals/parameters and then change them over before it reaches the engine.

As for the response from vendors in other parts of the world, I've never had an issue with communicating with them and I'm sorry to hear you have.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C260
Smile

No, I didn't misunderstand you. However I still believe that a ecu flash is the best solution as it completely covers the engine parameters. No matter how good a piggyback is (and there are making lots of improvements to piggybacks now) it still isn't complete when compared to a ECU flash.

Plus a piggyback is still working against the ECU in the sense that it needs to intercept the original signals/parameters and then change them over before it reaches the engine.

As for the response from vendors in other parts of the world, I've never had an issue with communicating with them and I'm sorry to hear you have.
hi
that the point is you believe i donot believe i rely on scientific facts
but is my job make software and do testing
what i mean was i am not saying ecu reflash is good or bad
what i saying is it has to be done in correct manner
then it can be good same applies to the piggy back computer and tuning box
what is done and how can i customise it
i am attaching the software have a look doest anybody offer you option of what tuning you can do for example if go to tune a ecu in china or hongkong
doest the tunner give any option of multiple maps which i can change
if i needed lower end power does anybody offer this choice
that the point any way i donot want to start a argument here saying
remap is good or piggy back tuning box is good
the most important is both are good but question is how you apply it

Last edited by Narry; 12-09-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: upload pictures
Old 12-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C260
hi

hi
here attach pictures
Old 04-24-2015, 05:18 AM

C200 4matic
So today I took the jump and installed the new intercooler from Tornado!!

Holy smokes.. My car is completely changed it just pulls and pulls and pulls... Its very fast and have have tons of low end torque

Right now I have the following installed.

Tornado tune box
Tornado tune silicone pipes
Tornado intercooler
Go Fast Bits DV wired to Tornado tune box

I cannot praise this setup enough.. It has simply completely change the car from a bit heavy sedan to a very fast sports car...
The throttle response is very fast now. instant turbo effect and crazy momentum....!!

Installation was done at my local tune shop. It took them a couple of hours and no metal had to be cut to make it fit.. It was a very snug fit but damn its nice and runs like a dream !!!

Enjoy the pictures !!

Old 04-24-2015, 10:07 AM

2013 C250 Sport
Looks good!!! Glad to hear is preforms well also!
Old 04-24-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! Would the DV still be beneficial without the tornado tuning box? I have the JB plus and eventually want to get the tornado tuning box but was wondering if I would notice anything from the DV as just a bolt on.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C260
Smile

hi
the dv will also work without any tune box because it increase the range of boost pressure but i think tornado box is the only box in the market which can adjust the frequecy directly on the dv sensor so gain are more than 100% than without a tornado tune box
also i have tested this on newer engines also like 1.6t and new 2.0t
and give impressive result the most important it toally changes the driviablitly of the car from a normal sedan to sports sedan
also increase throttle responce to driver feel the pedal is more light
narry
ps i have lots of gfb dvs in stock because my tune box can control the dv sensor for any cars such as benz bmw and vw audi
Old 09-22-2015, 09:47 PM

2014 W204 C250
Any pics with the bumper installed? How did the bumper cover fit back on? Were you able to use all hardware? Clips and bolts? I want to get this, just worried how much I'm going to have to cut up the bumper.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C260
hi

Originally Posted by 2014 C250
Any pics with the bumper installed? How did the bumper cover fit back on? Were you able to use all hardware? Clips and bolts? I want to get this, just worried how much I'm going to have to cut up the bumper.
hi
the picture already posted on the forum it is not that difficult needed to remove the bumper and fix the intercooler, the fitting brackets are same like original intercooler just when you fix back the bumper little adjustment has to be made
narry