C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Frigi Clean and Frigi Fresh - 09 C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Frigi Clean and Frigi Fresh - 09 C350

Hello folks.

I have a 2009 C350 with the bad musty smell issue. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on cleaning my evaporator coil with Frigi Clean and duct system with Frigi Fresh. How do i access the evap coil? When I'm using the Frigi Fresh, do I just spray it all over the place in the vents and filter area?

I've spent countless hours searching the forums, youtube, and google. I can't seem to find instructions. Perhaps it's easier than I'm making it?

Because these cleaning products are not cheap, I just wanted to make sure I was using the Frigi products correctly.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-04-2015, 10:49 AM

2009 C300 Sport 4Matic
Before you go that route. Have replaced the cabin filter under the glove box? I had a very bad musty moldish smell in my 09 too. Replaced the cabin air filter and used this:
Amazon.com: 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner (ETU) Easy-To-Use: Automotive Amazon.com: 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner (ETU) Easy-To-Use: Automotive
Smell disappeared and hasn't come back. Did it about 6 months ago.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:37 AM

C350
Originally Posted by FliPP
Before you go that route. Have replaced the cabin filter under the glove box? I had a very bad musty moldish smell in my 09 too. Replaced the cabin air filter and used this: Amazon.com: 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner (ETU) Easy-To-Use: Automotive Smell disappeared and hasn't come back. Did it about 6 months ago.

Thanks FliPP for your reply.

The dealer replaced the cabin filter. Unfortunately, the smell is still there. They seemed puzzled. But after reading all these posts regarding this known issue, I have a feeling my dealer knows more than they were letting on.

I'm open to any brand. I only mentioned Frigi, because Ive heard nothing but positive things about it....except the $$$. But I don't mind trying the Klima-Cleaner. It's not like I'm pulling my engine out to do this.

My plan was to aggressively take care of this issue. Double the dose and hit it hard!

Where did you spray the cleaner? In the vents and filter area?
Old 01-04-2015, 11:42 AM

2009 C300 Sport 4Matic
It's super simple to do. Drive the passenger seat all the way back. Put a towel on the floor and stand the can on it. Turn the AC all the way up on full blast, on recirculation. Activate the sprayer and close all doors and windows. Let it run like that for about 15-20 minutes. Spray will be depleted. Open all windows and continue to run for about 10-20 mins. Done.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:55 AM

C350
Originally Posted by FliPP
It's super simple to do. Drive the passenger seat all the way back. Put a towel on the floor and stand the can on it. Turn the AC all the way up on full blast, on recirculation. Activate the sprayer and close all doors and windows. Let it run like that for about 15-20 minutes. Spray will be depleted. Open all windows and continue to run for about 10-20 mins. Done.
Thank you so much! Now i know why this wasn't a popular post. It sounds super simple.

Thanks again!