C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Best Option for LED DRL Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Best Option for LED DRL Conversion

Hello all,

I recently received a check from my insurance company for an accident that I was involved in and would like to do a 2011 conversion on my 2010 C300. I've always loved the LED DRL strip and thought this would be a nice opportunity to finally make it happen. I've found a used 2011 bumper, but am a bit lost on which aftermarket LED strip option to go with. I see that iJDMtoy has a pretty good looking setup and there was also another one that was posted on here not too long ago, though I cant seem to find it at the moment. Through my research, I've read that the functionality of aftermarket units are a bit different than the OEMs in that they'll always be at full brightness. Though I would like for it be as close to stock as possible, I am alright with this if nothing else is available. I am just looking for ease of installation and durability. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2015, 05:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by Chuey
Hello all,

I recently received a check from my insurance company for an accident that I was involved in and would like to do a 2011 conversion on my 2010 C300. I've always loved the LED DRL strip and thought this would be a nice opportunity to finally make it happen. I've found a used 2011 bumper, but am a bit lost on which aftermarket LED strip option to go with. I see that iJDMtoy has a pretty good looking setup and there was also another one that was posted on here not too long ago, though I cant seem to find it at the moment. Through my research, I've read that the functionality of aftermarket units are a bit different than the OEMs in that they'll always be at full brightness. Though I would like for it be as close to stock as possible, I am alright with this if nothing else is available. I am just looking for ease of installation and durability. Thanks in advance!

I have heard of mixed results from iJDMtoy products, but I have a very good personal experience with Unique Style Racing products, and customer support.

Is this what you were looking for?

https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/i...product_id=311