C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C250 Luxury or Sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes-Benz C250 Silver Lux
C250 Luxury or Sport?

I'm confused. My 2013 C250 has the luxury grill and stand up emblem on the hood and walnut wood trim interior which my understand is obviously the luxury version. However it has the lower side fairing things and flat bottom steering wheel like the sport. Do luxury models have flat bottom steering wheels and body kits like the sport? Was it an option to have both? Car is fully loaded. Navi, keyless go, sat radio, etc.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes-Benz C250, Iridium Silver Metallic; 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240, Brilliant Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by Anthony Bowling
I'm confused. My 2013 C250 has the luxury grill and stand up emblem on the hood and walnut wood trim interior which my understand is obviously the luxury version. However it has the lower side fairing things and flat bottom steering wheel like the sport. Do luxury models have flat bottom steering wheels and body kits like the sport? Was it an option to have both? Car is fully loaded. Navi, keyless go, sat radio, etc.
Are you the first owner of your car? Is it possible changes were made to your car before you took ownership? I believe the flat bottom steering wheel may have been an option on luxury models. The burl walnut interior trim was not a luxury specific trim (I have it on my C250 Sport). As for the rocker panels, I'm not sure if they were the same as the sport. I do believe the front, and rear fascias were unique to Sport, and Luxury models though.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:38 AM

2010 C300, 2013 C63 AMG
Only way we can truly tell is if you post a picture of the back of your car.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2015, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by W57thNY
Are you the first owner of your car? Is it possible changes were made to your car before you took ownership? I believe the flat bottom steering wheel may have been an option on luxury models. The burl walnut interior trim was not a luxury specific trim (I have it on my C250 Sport). As for the rocker panels, I'm not sure if they were the same as the sport. I do believe the front, and rear fascias were unique to Sport, and Luxury models though.
I am the second owner. The car was a leased vehicle before me. I have been researching since I last asked the question. The car definitely has the sport body kit and steering wheel. I also noticed the rotors are drilled. Not sure if that's standard or not. The car only has 16,000 miles and was leased before so I'm not sure why they would customize a car they don't own per say. Grill and hood ornament look factory installed. I google searched and can't find a single picture of another C250 like it. I'll take a pic of it.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:53 AM

2010 C300, 2013 C63 AMG
That's a sport with a luxury grille. They must have modified it in lease.

The reason you can tell is because below the grille itself, the sides of the enclosure holding the mesh (the lower grille) come down like / \.

Also, it is lower than the luxury model, and has sport rims and the sport rear bumper.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:46 AM

2013 Mercedes-Benz C250, Iridium Silver Metallic; 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240, Brilliant Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by ilumunus
That's a sport with a luxury grille. They must have modified it in lease.

The reason you can tell is because below the grille itself, the sides of the enclosure holding the mesh (the lower grille) come down like / \.

Also, it is lower than the luxury model, and has sport rims and the sport rear bumper.
Good call on asking him to post pictures. I should have thought of that.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:51 AM

The Luxury grille, and hood ornament add an interesting look to the Sport model. Nice looking car. How are you liking it? Do you have any plans for it, or are you going to leave it as is? BTW kind of jealous of the panoramic roof.

I am the second owner. The car was a leased vehicle before me. I have been researching since I last asked the question. The car definitely has the sport body kit and steering wheel. I also noticed the rotors are drilled. Not sure if that's standard or not. The car only has 16,000 miles and was leased before so I'm not sure why they would customize a car they don't own per say. Grill and hood ornament look factory installed. I google searched and can't find a single picture of another C250 like it. I'll take a pic of it.

Trending Topics

Old 09-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by W57thNY
The Luxury grille, and hood ornament add an interesting look to the Sport model. Nice looking car. How are you liking it? Do you have any plans for it, or are you going to leave it as is? BTW kind of jealous of the panoramic roof.
I'm loving it so far. I was pleased to find out after I bought it that it had the keyless go feature. Some one simply took out the push button. It's not with the car. Guess I have to order one. It auto unlocks and locks when grabbing the door handles with out using key so I guess it is keyless go? I couldn't be happier with the car other wise. Still weird to me that a lease would change the grill and ornament out on a brand new car. Even opted for the wood trim. I'm liking the luxury set up on the sport package though. I think it's a good look. Just really confusing at first. Still learning about the car.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 C250
Congrats! I know you'll love it.

One thing I noticed, the front seat adj control on yours is different from mine. Thought they're all the same. I bought my '13 C250 Sports in Nov of 2012 without even seeing it because the dealer couldn't locate the car at that time. I know it's a dumb move on my part! The window sticker is missing when I took delivery of the car. Therefore, I was not sure what optional package the car came with. But I confirmed it has Keyless Go, Lighting Package, 18" AMG Staggered wheels and rear deck lid.

Recently, I learned from this forum that it has SA code 508. So I went ahead and installed Becker Map Pilot module. I couldn't be happier with the integration of fully functional basic Nav system.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by C0d3Sp4c3
One thing I noticed, the front seat adj control on yours is different from mine. Thought they're all the same. I bought my '13 C250 Sports in Nov of 2012 without even seeing it because the dealer couldn't locate the car at that time. I know it's a dumb move on my part! The window sticker is missing when I took delivery of the car. Therefore, I was not sure what optional package the car came with. But I confirmed it has Keyless Go, Lighting Package, 18" AMG Staggered wheels and rear deck lid.

Recently, I learned from this forum that it has SA code 508. So I went ahead and installed Becker Map Pilot module. I couldn't be happier with the integration of fully functional basic Nav system.

The round switch on mine is the lumbar support. They put the seats controls on the door panel like the newer ones. Can a dealer reprint a window sticker?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 323 Likes on 248 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
On the C300 (at least on my pre-facelift 2011), you could order different grills and pieces (e.g., side skirts) for either sport or luxury. For example, you could get the sport model with a luxury grill. Of course, the pieces could be added later also. I would think the same would apply to the 250.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:26 PM

I'm loving it so far. I was pleased to find out after I bought it that it had the keyless go feature. Some one simply took out the push button. It's not with the car. Guess I have to order one. It auto unlocks and locks when grabbing the door handles with out using key so I guess it is keyless go? I couldn't be happier with the car other wise. Still weird to me that a lease would change the grill and ornament out on a brand new car. Even opted for the wood trim. I'm liking the luxury set up on the sport package though. I think it's a good look. Just really confusing at first. Still learning about the car.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the car. Sounds like you do indeed have Keyless-Go if you can lock, and unlock it just by touching the door handle. An OEM start/stop button shouldn't be too hard to find online. Here's where I got mine (also a good site to find other needed parts).

http://www.genuinemercedesparts.com/parts/2013/Mercedes-Benz/C250/index.cfm?action=partDetail§ion=BODY%20HARDWARE&gr oup=INSTRUMENT%20PANEL&subgroup=CLUSTER%20%26%20SW ITCHES&component=Start%20button&partnumber=2215450 714&vehicleid=391398&siteid=215306

The burl wood trim was an option on Sports models, so it's not as rare as you think (I have it as well, and like it much more than the aluminum).

Originally Posted by C0d3Sp4c3

Sounds like you've got a nice setup on your car as well.

There were three different power seat setups on the W204 C-Class.

The seat that you see in your car is the standard power seat, no memory, manual lumbar adjustment on the side of the seat-back.

There is a P01 Premium 1 Package that includes Sirius XM, 10-way power adjustable seat with 3 position memory (the seat controls for this seat are on the door panel in front of the door handle), power adjustable steering wheel, 4-way power adjustable lumbar, split-folding rear seat, heated front seats, Harman/Kardon sound system

The last option was the 318 Leather seating package. This included the aforementioned leather upholstery, and 10-way power, 3-position memory passenger seat (with seat controls on the passenger door panel, in front of the door handle - identical to the driver's seat on cars with the P1 Premium Package).

Hope this helps.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:30 AM

Received 93 Likes on 66 Posts
2016 S550
Very likely that you have the Sport version and the previous owner changed the grill and hood ornament. However, it could be also be the case that it's a luxury version and the owner changed everything else (bumper covers, side kit, lowering springs, etc.) although that would cost 10 times the amount. Still a possibility though.
Best way to find out is to run your VIN.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Great looking car! I have a 2014 sport with all-black interior and the flat-bottom wheel. I thought the flat-bottom wheel only came in the sport models with all black interior.

BTW, love the flat bottom wheel compared to the round one. My wife has the round wheel and much prefers mine. It's pretty much just aesthetic, but it makes getting in and out of the car easier for large-sized folks and up.