C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic vibration...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
Question 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic vibration...

I recently started to notice a vibration (I believe in the front driveline) when I am going up an incline and accelerating... I can accelerate on level or downhill, and I don't seem to notice anything, however when I am on an incline and accelerate a little, there is a very noticeable vibration (again I believe in the front end). Any help diagnosing would be appreciated!! I've performed somewhat of a stall test, and the engine didn't seem to move beyond normal movement, so i don't think it's the engine mounts. My son and I think that perhaps a driveshaft flex disc could be going bad...any thoughts on if my symptoms could be pointing to that? Is there any way to verify if those are bad, other than something visually be wrong with them?

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:45 AM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
Sounds likely to be a flex disk, possibly for the front wheel drive shaft which is located more on the right side of the vehicle up front. These problems are always really hard to diagnose without being able to inspect the car. Does it happen only in a certain gear?
Old 12-28-2015, 10:17 AM

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
I don't think it matters what gear, although it's an Automatic, so it's difficult to tell what gear it's actually in. All I can say is it's not a "constant" vibration when going up an incline, it's what I would call a "variable strength" vibration depending on speed, incline length, and other various driving conditions? Being under a "load", is definitely when it's noticeable... I'm trying to explain it the best i can...lol

Originally Posted by Funkwagen
Sounds likely to be a flex disk, possibly for the front wheel drive shaft which is located more on the right side of the vehicle up front. These problems are always really hard to diagnose without being able to inspect the car. Does it happen only in a certain gear?
Old 01-08-2016, 07:19 PM

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
So, my buddy who owns a shop did a full transmission flush and found some metal flakes. The service didn't eliminate the vibration/jerkyness. When he drove it prior to servicing, the symptoms seemed to only occur at higher speeds in the higher gears. We drove it at 50mph in 4th gear and there were no symptoms, but when we switched back to automatic shifting and increased speed's, it started the symptoms again... Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by Funkwagen
Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
18 E63S
could be a bad transfer case.