C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Looking for "checklist"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazda RX-8
Looking for "checklist"

Hello every one. I'm looking for some advice about purchasing a used c350. Specifically this one:

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=116450211

Very nice looking car, though I do prefer the coupe ( and the red and black interior ), but I can't find it at this price. I attempted to find a "checklist" of things that I should look for, but I haven't found one yet. The car has most of the options available at that time. The only problems I've seen are a square paint chip about a half inch wide on the exact center of the rear bumper, the trim on the steering wheel is bubbling, and there is a broken piece of the front bumper underneath. The trim can be fixed under warranty, and the dealer said they would fix the other two. Everything else looks like new. As for the warranty, I will be contacting the MB dealer about an extended warranty as well as EasyCare as I've heard good things from them. Is there anything more I need to know? Also, how's the pricing? I would like to be about $20, but I feel that may be too greedy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:39 AM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2014 CLS63 S AMG
Car has a low mileage and it seems to be well optioned. It has Premium Pack, Multimedia Pack, Rearview Camera and Keyless Go. It also should have 1-2 months left of warranty and being that is being sold by CarGurus and not Mercedes, you should be able to extend the factory warranty for 2-3 years more for a decent price on the forum. Biggest bummer is it doesn't have Bixenons, but you can add an aftermarket one for $450sh.
When shopping for cars like these at the lower end price pool, you have to bite the bullet and buy a CarFax if not provided. You will want to see if it has reported incidents and whether it was serviced at the dealer by the records shown. It will also confirm if it does have warranty and how long left.

That is all I can help with.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C250 Sport
I would ask the dealer how they will fix the paint chip. Some find dabbing it with touch up paint acceptable.

I would also get it inspected by an independent shop first. These little things make me think they didn't go over the car well enough. They sell their inspection process at sales time but I've found major things on my past two used car purchases from reputable dealerships.

My C250 has had about $2,000 worth of work done that wasn't covered by factory warranty that was discovered by me digging around.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C250 Sport
The pricing on that car is already a really good deal. I don't know if you'll be able to talk them down much more, especially if their is some work to be done on the car, which will cut into their profits.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazda RX-8
Yeah, I didn't think I could get them down too much, assuming they fix that stuff. However, I spoke with my local MB dealer today and they said that I could not purchase an extended warranty because it's at an audi dealer. I haven't seen anything in the online documentation that set's a limitation like that, so if someone could please clarify for me I would greatly appreciate it.