C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

A few issues I believe are tied together...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 coupe
A few issues I believe are tied together...

I've had a few issues pop up on my 2008 C350 in the last week that I believe are tied together. I have keyless go and sometimes when I grab the door handle the car won't unlock and you will see key not detected on the dash, if I press unlock on the key fob the doors will unlock and it always starts with the keyless go button.

Secondly I have the auto fold on lock feature on so the sideview mirrors fold in when the car is locked, sometimes when you start the car only the drivers mirror unfolds and the passenger side mirror stays folded in, if you press the fold button on the drivers the drivers will fold back in and then pressing it again they will both fold out.

Thirdly my passenger side mirror won't come back to its original position after reversing unless I press the drivers mirror button.

Lastly I have the windshield wipers set to auto and when turning the car off and opening the door if the wipers are in mid sweep they will just stay there instead of returning to the park position like they used to.

I think these are all related and tied to some module as they started all around the same time and am wondering if anyone else has had these issues as well and what the root cause was?

Thanks
Old 03-17-2016, 08:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Sounds like you have an issue with one front SAM's---your problem is--- that can't be confirmed or denied with a homie volt meter--you need someone with good diagnostics or live with the problem!!
Old 03-17-2016, 09:18 AM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
If you have the original battery still in the car, get it load tested, might need replacing since the battery will now be ~8 years old. Short of that, you'll need to have the car diagnosed to see if there are any fault codes within the front SAM module and/or central gateway, they won't show up on a regular code reader
Old 03-17-2016, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 coupe
Originally Posted by Funkwagen
If you have the original battery still in the car, get it load tested, might need replacing since the battery will now be ~8 years old. Short of that, you'll need to have the car diagnosed to see if there are any fault codes within the front SAM module and/or central gateway, they won't show up on a regular code reader
That's probably what it is, I had the car sitting for about 9 months undriven and these problems cropped up after starting to drive it again last week.

It's going to the dealer next week for the airbag module recall so I'll get them to check it out but I'll probably pick up a new battery for it as well.