C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Steering wheel scuffing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C200 (w204)
Steering wheel scuffing?

Hey guys

So I have a few big scuffs in my steering wheel and maybe some overall colour wear? I *think* the dealer may have put 1 or 2 scuffs on the wheel but I have no way of proving it, because I didn't take photos soon enough after.

I did bring it up to the service manager while I was talking about another issue... they dung the front of my bumper and I pushed for them to do a full repaint (which they came to the party on).

Anyway, I kind of got the feeling they were very NOT interested in helping me with the steering wheel scuffs and it's kind of too late to raise it again... IMO. Actually, he said there's nothing he can do. I know he could, but anyway...

So, I was wondering - my warranty runs out in 1 month and I was curious... does this see like an excess amount of wear? It does seem like it marks/wear very easy?

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/qOwVJ

Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2016, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
It's getting to the point where we need to make the dealers do walk throughs just like they do to us for the loaner vehicles. I've had a considerable amount of damage done from servicing as well.

I've heard there are people that can recondition and fix wheel issues such as that if the dealer can't cover it.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts
325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Originally Posted by ash.1111
Hey guys

So I have a few big scuffs in my steering wheel and maybe some overall colour wear? I *think* the dealer may have put 1 or 2 scuffs on the wheel but I have no way of proving it, because I didn't take photos soon enough after.

I did bring it up to the service manager while I was talking about another issue... they dung the front of my bumper and I pushed for them to do a full repaint (which they came to the party on).

Anyway, I kind of got the feeling they were very NOT interested in helping me with the steering wheel scuffs and it's kind of too late to raise it again... IMO. Actually, he said there's nothing he can do. I know he could, but anyway...

So, I was wondering - my warranty runs out in 1 month and I was curious... does this see like an excess amount of wear? It does seem like it marks/wear very easy?

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/qOwVJ

Thoughts?

That doesn't look like much to be honest - on that picture I don't see the leather fibers coming out yet. Any quality leather cleaner/conditioner will remove that easily.

By "quality" I mean cleaners coming from any of the reputable leather houses. I use the one from Cole-Haan at about 5-7 bucks a bottle depending on where you buy it. Caveat : Cole-Haan also sells a "sealer" for leather products. I would avoid that.

Good luck! You'll be right as rain in no time.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:11 AM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2010 C350 4Matic, 9 Motorcycles
Your wheel looks fine. Just needs a good cleaning. Trust me, if you wanna see a wheel with some real wear, let me know, I'll take a pic of mine... hahahaha!

Dealerships do tend to ruin things though... my mats have the metal mercedes logos torn off, I've got a bend HarmonKardon speaker cover, had to replace the cup holder cover, and they deny all of it!!!