Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Free version of carfax!! >

Free version of carfax!!

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Free version of carfax!!

Old 10-30-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Free version of carfax!!

For any of you who don't want to pay for carfax, I found an alternative.
Just looking through a quick glance of my own car, the report seems to be pretty consistent with everything that I know of. It tells you accidents / junk / salvage / insurance records, vehicle record history and where in the world that it was assembled, etc. Pretty decent for a free report.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/

I am in no way a sponsor or affiliate of this website. Just thought I'd share it with you guys.
The following users liked this post:
tekfoc (10-31-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 73 Likes on 70 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
I went to Cars.com and ran a saved search I have on C350s. I picked one at random and the Car Fax showed not one, nor two, but THREE different accidents that particular car was involved in within a year and a half between April of 2013 and August of 2014; so not exactly recent. The free site showed no accidents. So either their information is way outdated on not very thorough.

So, although there is some good information there all in one place, I don't know how much I would trust that if I was serious about a specific car. The biggest reason most people want a carfax is to check service records and for accidents and if it might have some kind of strange ownership history. You get what you pay for I guess.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:20 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport
I also looked my car up on it and I found no service records when CarFax showed that my car was always serviced at the dealer when I first bought it :s