C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Recall Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2016 | 10:46 PM

2009 C300
Recall Repair

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this but I figured I'd reach out and ask.

I know recalls are done at the dealership but my question is this. If I go to one MB dealership to get a recall fixed, can I bring it to a different MB dealership to get that same recall fixed properly?

What I mean by this is a while ago I had the taillight recall fixed, you know the one that affects the wiring and bulbs and could cause my taillights to malfunction. Well lo and behold a light came on my dashboard the other day relating to the taillights. I took my car to my dad's friend's shop due to the fact that he will ONLY service foreign cars i.e. MB, BMW, Lexus, Porsche etc. He tried to see what the issue is with my car and said that my taillight housing which I thought was part of the recall has malfunctioned causing the top portion of my right taillight to malfunction.

Here's my problem though, I HATE the dealership that I've used in the past. I went to them in the beginning because my grandfather has used them for years and swears by them. I'm tired of bringing my car to a dealership only to have repairs (excuse my French) half assed and my car trashed. I want to take it to a different MB dealer that has a better reputation but I don't know if they will fix a recall that according to MB is already "fixed."
Old 11-24-2016 | 10:31 AM

2008 C-230 4Matic Sport
Tell the new dealership you have had bad luck with the old one.

They will want your business.
Old 11-24-2016 | 09:48 PM

2009 C300
Originally Posted by Colin G
Tell the new dealership you have had bad luck with the old one.

They will want your business.

I plan on calling the new dealership tomorrow to see what can be done about the recall that wasn't fixed properly. I do still plan on sending an email to the service manager and general manager of the dealership I'm dissatisfied with.