C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 AIR SUSPENSION HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204
W204 AIR SUSPENSION HELP

Whats up guys, new MB owner. Looking through the forums can't seem to find too much info on bagged c300's and what info is available seems vague or outdated. To start I'm working with a 2008 C300. To be completely honest I'm not sure if its 4matic or RWD, paper work doesn't specify and I'm still searching on how to validate that. Haven't been able to get underneath the car yet either. What I'm looking at is

https://www.amazon.com/2008-2011-Mer.../dp/B01CRSSOO6

and

https://www.amazon.com/Mercedes-Benz.../dp/B01FWTZJWM

Now these both claim to be direct bolt on kits with no fabrication necessary, in your guys experience is this true? Ive also read that you would need after market sway bar end links as well. Which i can't find too many options for. All in all I'm just curious to see what setups you guys are running and what complications you had with installations. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Btw my C300 is bone stock. Also, I've read through the air suspension threads on here and forgive me if i missed the info I'm referring to but i couldn't find it. Just seen people fabricating their own kits back in 2012. Obviously theres new products on the market and just seeing if anyone has had experience with them.

Last edited by nathanieljvmes; 01-23-2017 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:32 AM

Mercedes Bens CL-55, Nissan 350z
Cool Kit Info

The strutmasters kit actually allows you to completely remove the air suspension from your vehicle. Also they use a double action spring which give the vehicle a significant amount of stablity reducing the need to add a sway bar.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2011 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sedan
There's not many bagged w204's that frequent the forums they are all on instagram. I know 3 dudes that run the basic d2 air suspension on their w204s and they love it. It's a manual switch thing and they are pretty reliable compared to the other digital management systems. I've heard of all sorts of horror stories of people running digital management running into situations where the car would air out completely when it's not supposed to. In any case you gotta find if you are RWD or 4matic...the rears are the same, but if you have 4matic, you will need custom front struts. I'd try and find some people who run the setups you want and ask them. The D2 kit is direct bolton as long as you have RWD.

off the top of my head these three w204s run the basic d2 air suspension:
https://www.instagram.com/king_geo/
https://www.instagram.com/bagged_blackbenz/
and my buddy Phil has a 4Matic w D2:
https://www.instagram.com/netflixxandphil/

Last edited by mr.brightside; 01-23-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
W204
I am running the following for my air suspension:

*D2 Air Suspension (air struts) - the rear bags that came with the D2 kit was the short bags and was leaking on me. So I ended up contacting AirRex and got the triple bellow rear bags that they carried. This was a while back, I know Air Rex has partnered up with D2 to make their air bags now, so maybe you won't have this issue. Anyways, on our cars, the rear suspension is kinda weird because the bags/spring part is independent from the shock absorbers. They are not a single unit, they actually sits next to each other.

*Ridetech AirPod RidePro - This is what I am using for management. This kit comes with all the parts already mounted together. I had this already from another car, so I didn't use the D2 stuff. D2's management may be okay, but I've never used it, so I can't speak on it.

*If your car is bone stock and it doesn't have 4matic badging, then it's not 4matic.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:39 AM

w204
Originally Posted by romeo291
I am running the following for my air suspension:

*D2 Air Suspension (air struts) - the rear bags that came with the D2 kit was the short bags and was leaking on me. So I ended up contacting AirRex and got the triple bellow rear bags that they carried. This was a while back, I know Air Rex has partnered up with D2 to make their air bags now, so maybe you won't have this issue. Anyways, on our cars, the rear suspension is kinda weird because the bags/spring part is independent from the shock absorbers. They are not a single unit, they actually sits next to each other.

*Ridetech AirPod RidePro - This is what I am using for management. This kit comes with all the parts already mounted together. I had this already from another car, so I didn't use the D2 stuff. D2's management may be okay, but I've never used it, so I can't speak on it.

*If your car is bone stock and it doesn't have 4matic badging, then it's not 4matic.
Thanks for all the info guys! really appreciate it. there's no 4 matic badging and i doubt the previous owner removed the badge. all service reports don't specify, so im assuming its not. i ended up going with d2 bags/struts. as you were saying, the rears are independent, how did you get around this with installation? i've installed coilovers on a genesis coupe where the spring and strut is independent but never air suspension, im assuming its the same concept? any things i should look out for vehicle specific to this install? thanks again!!