C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Megan Racing Coilovers vs. H&R Super Sports w/ Bilstein Struts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300 4matic Sport
Megan Racing Coilovers vs. H&R Super Sports w/ Bilstein Struts

Hey guys,

Basically as the title states, what do you think would be better for daily driving, Megan Racing Coilovers or H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs with Bilstein Shocks? Just incase you don't which parts I'm talking about I will link them below. Thanks!

Megan Racing Coilovers: https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...a4UaAt5f8P8HAQ
Bilstein Struts: http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...ad=47433948732
Old 04-16-2017, 01:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2011 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sedan
If it's comfort you are after I'd say the SS + Bilstein shocks would be the best ride comfort wise. Btw Megan Racing, KSport, D2, and the other "cheaper brands" are all manufactured in China by BC Racing. So you won't see much difference with coils around that price range, just different colors really.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mr.brightside
If it's comfort you are after I'd say the SS + Bilstein shocks would be the best ride comfort wise. Btw Megan Racing, KSport, D2, and the other "cheaper brands" are all manufactured in China by BC Racing. So you won't see much difference with coils around that price range, just different colors really.
Yes, I'm mainly focusing on comfort and looks because it is just my daily driver. What you are saying makes sense, I noticed a lot of coilovers at the same price branded differently that looked nearly identical. I'm afraid my initial thoughts were correct and they are probably very cheap coilovers. Would I need to buy some sort of camber kit or whatever if I buy springs and struts? Thanks!

Edit: is that fidel p? lol I follow you on insta and watch your videos on youtube! are you still on stock struts?
Old 04-16-2017, 01:44 PM

lol yeah thats me, you're name looked familiar. You don't exactly need a camber kit unless you think you will need to add some in the rear for clearance purposes. Still on stock struts yea, I actually have new Megan coils waiting to go on just been lazy, I'll let u know how that goes when I install them.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by mr.brightside
lol yeah thats me, you're name looked familiar. You don't exactly need a camber kit unless you think you will need to add some in the rear for clearance purposes. Still on stock struts yea, I actually have new Megan coils waiting to go on just been lazy, I'll let u know how that goes when I install them.
interesting, so currently you have super sports on stock struts but are switching for megan racing coilovers instead of buying just struts? IDK what to do lol, I plan on getting same avant garde m590s but think it looks silly on stock ride height.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:04 PM

Well, in consideration for my stock struts I'd like to change it all out for coils so I can have the stock components in working condition if I ever need them in the future. It doesn't look too bad on stock height imho, I rolled with them with stock height for a while before I decided to lower it.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:03 PM
CGC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C350
The H&R's will be much smoother. That being said BC Racing does manufacture many other brands of coil-overs, however theirs have the best benefits of being the OEM and are the only ones that you can buy a strut replacement for. The others are just throwaways if you have an issue.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Have you looked into the Bilstein/eibach kits? I've been thinking about getting the Bilstein B12 pro kit or sportline kit. They're bilstein dampers and eibach springs paired together and supposedly tuned for each other. Sportline would probably be a closer drop and feel to the H&R sport coils.

I think you'll find that they highly rated and reasonably priced compared to the competition.