C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Daffy Duck committed suicide...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Daffy Duck committed suicide...

Well the title says it all.....

I hope i can just get a replacement cover..... i don't think ill be so lucky
Old 04-22-2017, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I should add if anyone has a lead on just a passenger side headlight cover, PM me or post a link please.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:09 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by MB Marko
.. i don't think ill be so lucky
Well, think of it this way, you won't be as Unlucky as Daffy Duck...
Old 04-22-2017, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i went back to look for his *** so i could eat him for lunch tomorrow but there was nothing left of him. I'm pretty surprised how it was just the lens that broke.

I found a lens for $130 shipped it looks like theres some cracks in the top and side but, from what i've read it either you get some cheep lens that will yellow or you go to the dealer and pay $1700 for the whole damn light.... this might be worth an insurance claim I need to look over the car i was to focused on the damn light

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Original-...BXYmOX&vxp=mtr
Old 04-23-2017, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Should be covered under your comprehensive. I would claim it. Sorry it happened. Check your whole car for damage. Animal hits make a mess.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dieseldoc
Should be covered under your comprehensive. I would claim it. Sorry it happened. Check your whole car for damage. Animal hits make a mess.
Thanks dieseldoc, Yes it is covered under comprehensive but I don't want my rates to go up . I already pay $154 a month, I know if I claim it now and i get a new car in the future my rate will probably double if not triple.

1.I can either claim it take and take hit in the long run
2.fork over $1700 to the dealer and do the labour my self
3. try and get a headlight from an auto wrecker (i doubt i'll have luck).
Old 04-23-2017, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 479 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
wrecker yo!

sucks that happened
Old 04-23-2017, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 242 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
Comprehensive claims (in my neck of the woods) does not cause insurance premiums to go up.

Couple that with a $0 deductible...well, I have quite a few claims. Insurance has never gone up as a result.

PS I just noticed you and I live in the same province so I can safely say that yours will not go up either.

With a $0 deductible for collision and comprehensive, my insurance premium is $125/month with 1 speeding ticket on my record. Outside of that I have never been in an accident (either caused by me or not caused by me, which is why my rate is pretty low I guess). (yes, my home insurance is with them as well).

Insurer is TD Meloche Monnex. Take a look!

Statefarm was a close second when it comes to premiums.

If you ever want to meet up in London lmk. I'm there once a month!

Last edited by superangrypenguin; 04-23-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Comprehensive claims (in my neck of the woods) does not cause insurance premiums to go up.

Couple that with a $0 deductible...well, I have quite a few claims. Insurance has never gone up as a result.

PS I just noticed you and I live in the same province so I can safely say that yours will not go up either.

With a $0 deductible for collision and comprehensive, my insurance premium is $125/month with 1 speeding ticket on my record. Outside of that I have never been in an accident (either caused by me or not caused by me, which is why my rate is pretty low I guess). (yes, my home insurance is with them as well).

no way ill have to just claim it then thanks for the help! I have a $500 deductible i really need to get rid of state farm insurance and shop around i have no tickets or accidents caused by me on my record, but 2 not at fault accidents in 15years of driving.

Ya shoot me a PM if your in london and I'll defiantly check out your insurance company.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 75 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes w204 4matic sport
My heart goes out to misses duck, she knew this day would happen with his bad habit of drinking ye old pond water and flying while under its influences. But thankfully, she took life insurance out on him and now she knows she will be perfectly fine for the rest of her life......

Sorry to hear this happening, but superangrypenguin is right. Comprehensive claims do not affect premiums, at least not here in NY. It depends on your deductible, you can definitely find a used light imho.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
no way ill have to just claim it then thanks for the help! I have a $500 deductible i really need to get rid of state farm insurance and shop around i have no tickets or accidents caused by me on my record, but 2 not at fault accidents in 15years of driving.

Ya shoot me a PM if your in london and I'll defiantly check out your insurance company.

Thanks!
For sure! Will do Yeah, the $0 deductible thing for me for "All Perils" - which includes comp/collision and also if someone in my households jacks my car and I believe it covers flood which comp doesnt (IIRC) was an additional $12/year instead of a $500 deductible.

If you're planning on keeping your car for a while, you might as well claim every rock chip or scratch (I'm exaggerating here, but you get the idea)

Originally Posted by Just204
My heart goes out to misses duck, she knew this day would happen with his bad habit of drinking ye old pond water and flying while under its influences. But thankfully, she took life insurance out on him and now she knows she will be perfectly fine for the rest of her life......
LOL!

Personally though I'd pay the $500 and then switch to a $0 deductible. I've heard that some people will swap to a $0 and then claim insurance - but quite honestly I'm fairly certain that's fraud so would never do it. But to each their own. I am fairly certain those headlight assemblies are stupid expensive, and if one were to just get a new cover I'm sure there'd be water penetration problems. But I dunno, just guessing
Old 04-23-2017, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hahaha I felt awful but I'm lucky it was only the light! its like he wanted to die he flew right at me quickly and I'm lucky the windshield didn't break from the hit either he kind took a roll over the car.

ya I have a $500 deductible but am struggling to find a used light with ILS all the dealers and wreckers are closed till tomorrow so I'm going to wait it out and see if they have something. If not i'll make the claim and hope for the best.

on Kijiji.ca people want $1,350 for it lol....
Old 04-23-2017, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
hahaha I felt awful but I'm lucky it was only the light! its like he wanted to die he flew right at me quickly and I'm lucky the windshield didn't break from the hit either he kind took a roll over the car.

ya I have a $500 deductible but am struggling to find a used light with ILS all the dealers and wreckers are closed till tomorrow so I'm going to wait it out and see if they have something. If not i'll make the claim and hope for the best.

on Kijiji.ca people want $1,350 for it lol....
Check out http://exoparts.com/

Talk to Sean. Tell him Vince sent you and that you're a reader on mbworld. I get a pretty hefty discount off of MB dealer pricing. Just bought all the parts for brakes/rotors for the front and wipers for $430.

Shipping is $15 flat.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:44 PM

Your claim will probably be rejected if you try that,insurance companies know that game and I think it does count as fraud. There are many places to find used headlights but that one isn't as common. Of course you can buy a normal halogen and just swap the lens if the light works fine..
Old 04-23-2017, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Your claim will probably be rejected if you try that,insurance companies know that game and I think it does count as fraud. There are many places to find used headlights but that one isn't as common. Of course you can buy a normal halogen and just swap the lens if the light works fine..
What's fraudulent? If the OP's story is true (no reason to doubt it), then indeed it's a comp claim.

I've had a piece of rock come flying at me and it damaging my hood/car bra/side mirrors, etc - all comp claims and all is good.

The truth is the truth, so I don't see what's fraudulent here?
Old 04-23-2017, 12:50 PM

Sorry. I should have been more specific, I was referring to trying to drop your deductible just before making the claim. His claim is legit
Old 04-23-2017, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Sorry. I should have been more specific, I was referring to trying to drop your deductible just before making the claim. His claim is legit
Ah yes, as per my original post on that subject, yes, I would agree that's fraud and would never do it. It's not worth getting in jail
Old 04-23-2017, 01:02 PM

Ah yes, as per my original post on that subject, yes, I would agree that's fraud and would never do it. It's not worth getting in jail
I don't think you'll go to Jail for that. You would probably just get your policy terminated, maybe have to go to court at most and pay fines.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey thanks I'll give that place a call maybe they will have better prices. Ya I would never try that if I have to call insurance I will just pay the $500 it's better than $1700.

Question for you guys I need to drive the car should I

1. Cover the light with a clear bag?

2. Take out the bulbs so they don't go on and I can possibly use them with the new light? And then cover the light with a bag?
Old 04-23-2017, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
If have dealer replace under insurance, would have them replace everything including bulbs. I would cover it with plastic for now to keep moisture out. Hopefully heat will not melt clear bag.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
If have dealer replace under insurance, would have them replace everything including bulbs. I would cover it with plastic for now to keep moisture out. Hopefully heat will not melt clear bag.
Indeed. I'd take out the bulb to be honest as the daytime running lights are not in the housing, but if the main lights turn on because it's dark out...well there's no way to turn them off.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:36 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
try and get a headlight from an auto wrecker (i doubt i'll have luck).
I doubted I'd ever find a replacement driver side bottom seat cushion for my C, 2 weeks worth of searches on eBay and I found one a that I got at a great price and when I received it, I was pleasently surprised to find thag it is in immaculate shape. "Luck", or more so "right timing" is a huge factor but it's worth a try.

If you do go that route, make sure it has no cracks anywhere to avoid any moisture and/or water droplet condensation inside the lens, which might also impact the life of the headlight bulbs.

Good luck...
Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 C350 4Matic Sport

Not to thread jack, but I`m also in Ontario (Ottawa) and I`m curious how you`re getting a $0 deductible since the insurance laws in Ontario were changed for this year (the changes were made in June of 2016), and ALL deductibles changed to a minimum of $500. Believe me, when I saw this change come in, I called my broker to say WTF. I moved up here from NS last year where I always had a $0 or $50(max) deductible, just like other provinces I have lived in (military). I was told by Intact (my insurance company), that this new change for deductibles came in with the new max payout injury claims, and liability payouts as well. You can thank the lovely Wynn government for that.

So, does your company have a way of getting around those changes or is something else afoot. LOL
Check your coverage to make sure they didn`t recently make those changes and you`re just unaware of it.
Mine was changed this year without saying anything other than a letter in the mail with the sweeping changes made my the insurance bureau of Ontario.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by pozi240
Not to thread jack, but I`m also in Ontario (Ottawa) and I`m curious how you`re getting a $0 deductible since the insurance laws in Ontario were changed for this year (the changes were made in June of 2016), and ALL deductibles changed to a minimum of $500. Believe me, when I saw this change come in, I called my broker to say WTF. I moved up here from NS last year where I always had a $0 or $50(max) deductible, just like other provinces I have lived in (military). I was told by Intact (my insurance company), that this new change for deductibles came in with the new max payout injury claims, and liability payouts as well. You can thank the lovely Wynn government for that.

So, does your company have a way of getting around those changes or is something else afoot. LOL
Check your coverage to make sure they didn`t recently make those changes and you`re just unaware of it.
Mine was changed this year without saying anything other than a letter in the mail with the sweeping changes made my the insurance bureau of Ontario.
How does the saying go - a picture is worth a thousand words? Policy states renewal date is May 20th. All perils - $0 deductible. I shouldn't have whited out "deductible" under Specified/Comprehensive/Collision, but it simply says "included" as I am covered for all perils with a $0 deductible. (Premium / yr is $648 for that endorsement as per below)

Last edited by superangrypenguin; 04-24-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 C350 4Matic Sport
Very interesting.... I`m sure there is more to it, but, I shall question my broker about it for sure now. (Benson Kearley).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daffy Duck committed suicide...