C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Considering buying a 2012 C300 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:39 PM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
2012 GLK
Originally Posted by lotus49
I've seen prices of well over £100 quoted here in the UK and I've seen recent update DVDs for sale for > £150. $20 seems absurdly cheap, is that really how much it would cost?

You are right though, the onboard satnav is terrible. The route finding is poor, directions are often unclear and too late and if you decide to go a different way to that suggested, you have to drive about 40 miles before it recalculates the route and stops just telling you to turn round.

I used to have a TomTom, then I used Sygic on my phone. Now, Google Maps is easily the best satnav I've used and it's fully voice operated.
yes, they are $20 for the pirated North America / Canadian ones on ebay, there are tons of them on there. im not sure how much Euro UK ones are. if you can make an ISO you can download them and burn them for nothing. this is for NTG4, if you have later version they need a code to unlock. but NTG4 are a piece of cake.

i agree on the rest, i only updated her truck as a back up in case her phone ever died. navigation and interface itself is horribly clumsily compared to google or waze.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 242 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
Originally Posted by B737
yes, they are $20 for the pirated North America / Canadian ones on ebay, there are tons of them on there. im not sure how much Euro UK ones are. if you can make an ISO you can download them and burn them for nothing. this is for NTG4, if you have later version they need a code to unlock. but NTG4 are a piece of cake.

i agree on the rest, i only updated her truck as a back up in case her phone ever died. navigation and interface itself is horribly clumsily compared to google or waze.
How do you tell which version you have? I have the 2012 W204, and they updated it by using DVDs, but they had to hook it up to a Star machine at the dealer and then MB Corporate had to give them a code I believe.

Is there any way around this? My parents old S class ....uhh...could be updated with just the DVD (Which we bought legit copies of course) Not sure if I can do the same with this car....
Old 05-18-2017, 08:16 PM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
2012 GLK
if you are NTG4, it's strictly dvd update with no further fussing. the dealer told me it had never been updated when i asked them to provide the service history with the VIN. i believe it can also be found inside the engineering menu. finally, when you stick in the update dvd it will display current version and the version on the CD.

i am not sure when the changeover was from 4 to 4.5, it happened in 2012 sometime.