C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Tires - Transmission Issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC
New Tires - Transmission Issues?

Hey guys,

I got new tires for my 2012 C300 4Matic about two months ago. They're Pirelli P Zero Nero that I got from Costco. Called my Mercedes dealership to confirm that these tires work with the car (size and weight ratio).

I've noticed that the car has been driving sluggishly ever since I got the tires changed. Gear shifts are "clunky", car sometimes jerks, etc. especially when downshifting to around 30 km/h. I thought it might just be because the tires aren't broken in yet, but I've driven them around 2,000 km so I think they should be broken in by now. Kinda scared to take it to the dealership in case they charge me $200 to tell me I need to change my transmission fluid or that maybe the tires weren't mounted properly. I still have a year left on my extended warranty though.

Has this every happened to you guys? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 05-18-2017, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 242 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
No, this would have nothing to do with the tires. Do you feel a vibration in your seat or steering wheel? If so, then that's a tire balancing issue.

However, this should not affect the tranny at all. -unless Costco messed with your transmission....but yes, these are mutually independent issues so one should not affect the other.

Welcome to the forum!

Calgary - if you're ever at the Palliser, check out the bar and the restaurant (the Oak Room or something? LOVELY). To die for. (had a friend who worked at the Bow so stayed nearby)
Old 05-18-2017, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC
So I should probably take it to the dealer? The car is at around 51k km so it's due for a transmission flush/fluid pretty soon. Maybe that'll do the trick... I was going to call Costco and see if they would try remounting the tires, but I guess I won't have to try that anymore.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've read a lot of posts on the forum but it's my first time posting. Haven't been to Palliser yet but I heard they charge $7 for water.