C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

tail light bulb not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c320 sport cdi 09/2008
tail light bulb not working

i recently bought a c320 sport cdi, immediately i noticed the right drivers side was dimmer on the tail lights, researched it, went into MB and replaced the earth wire and the black plug. it still kept kicking up errors on the dash when the bulbs were definitely working. so i decided to replace the bulb holder too for the most recent one.

immediately i ran into issues, for example my indicator became one one the top bulbs, possibly the fog light, so i had t o disconnect the lot from the plug and test each one manually til i knew what went where. however for some reason the top tail light bulb doesnt work, but the lower 2 do, if i change the one of them cables from 1 of the 2 tail light bulbs to the top bulb then it lights normally, meaning the bulb and connection works.

If i leave the cable connected responsible for the top tail light, it will flash the top tail light for a second then off for many seconds before flashing again... only when the engine is off, when the engine is on, it doesnt flash or work at all. which means some power is getting to it, but i dont understand it. i didnt have this issue with the old board.