C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sunroof misaligned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz - W204 C200 CGI
Sunroof misaligned

Hi

I have a Mercedes-Benz C200 CGI 2011 w204 model

The sunroof has began to malfunction in a way that it's misaligned with the roof and it's position that it should be operating in.

The sunroof can only open in tilt position.
The sunroof in tilt position sits in correct alignment, but when lowered or when it should be in line with the roof in the close position, the sunroof sits in a slanted position where as the left back of the sunroof glass is slanted lower and the right back of the glass is slanted higher, but not aligned straight so the roof.
The sensor reads that the sunroof needs to be closed and the sunroof dropsy lower on the position as if it's going to be totally opened where the glass goes back inside the roof.

The sunroof does not open or close forward or backwards but can only work /open close for tilt position.

The switch for opening and closing does not read as normal as it used to

Any help on how to sort this issue out will be of a great help

Thanks

​​​
Old 07-16-2017, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Try reseting the sunroof. Hold down the sunriof switch for 20-30 seconds (close position). If that wont fix it then something on the guide rails is broken and you will want not to be the case as it will be a very expensive repair which if you take it to the dealer it will be an entire assembly that they will try to sell you as you cant buy just parts of the sunroof. If the guide or something else is broken try finding a local MB mechanic that has done sunroof repairs and they might source a wreck for you and get the parts from that car.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Can always look on car-part.com for a used unit to save money, if that is your issue. If you need any new parts please let me know as I'd be happy to assist you. Just shoot me a PM. Once you get it fixed up, try and keep it lubed if you can. We have an article that goes over that here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...ubrication.htm. Good luck and let me know if you need any parts assistance.