C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Front suspension creak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by xEryx
That's not true, I drive my car worse than most people drive their C63's, downshifting into 1st at almost every stop sign and red lining it all the way to 3rd. I have put 35k miles in the last 2 years which puts it at 80k and I have had 0 mechanical issues. I believe it is all based on quality control during production and how much it was babied. If it was babied by the first owner, it will not like me WOTing it.
Then you go on to say :-

Originally Posted by xEryx
I do have some suspension rattling though on the rear that I need diagnosed when going over potholes. I had my front sway bars replaced under warranty before the H&R SS were put on by the suggestion of the install shop who said they were almost worm out. I no longer have warranty and even if did, I have H&R SS so they wouldn't cover it so I am going to fix it myself.
Right now I have my rear brakes apart since I am replacing the parking brakes, but I haven't looked into how to diagnose suspension noise so it will probably be for another day.
Inconsistent thought processes?