C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Wheel Hub / Bearing Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Wheel Hub / Bearing Problem?

Hi,

I've been having this rubbing like noise from rear part of the car, and it happens when braking.

But it's not a constant rubbing, it's more interval. It gets louder as I press the brake.
It sounds like shrek shrek shrek, the interval is slowing down as the speed slows down.

Brake pads and rotors are all new. It makes the sounds after driving over 10km.

So I took it to the workshop, and they took out all the rear tyre, they shows the rotor moves side to side in some parts, and the calipers moves along too, and it makes a rubbing sound too.

So they told me, it either the wheel hub and/or the bearing.

Because they told me that they don't have the replacement parts ready, I took it to another shop, with the same method, they told me it's only the bearing.

Now I'm confused, any suggestion?

Last edited by doddybayu; 08-18-2017 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Change title
Old 08-18-2017, 03:48 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
It kind of sounds like you took the car to two different places and they came up with pretty much the same diagnosis. Get the bearing replaced. Or is there some reason you do not trust both of the places you took it to?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Alfadude
It kind of sounds like you took the car to two different places and they came up with pretty much the same diagnosis. Get the bearing replaced. Or is there some reason you do not trust both of the places you took it to?
Well, the first shop was authorized MB, supposedly they're the best in town, however, the first time i took the car to them, they said it was the disc brake, so I got them replaced, and then it's still making the sound, so they said it was the brake pad, and I got them replaced too.

Off course the sounds was gone for a while, and it came back again.

So this time I just want to make sure that the root cause is addressed.

Another thing was that, I was told that if the bearing was bad, i should hear some whining noise, and there will be some play. But, those two are not happening.

Anyway, Im probably gonna take it to the third shop, hopefully they can identify it better.

Thanks much for the advise

Last edited by doddybayu; 08-21-2017 at 03:44 AM.