C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Going over service interval

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300, 2013 C250 Coupe (sold), 2008 CLK 550 Cabrio (sold), 2002 C240 Sedan (sold)
Going over service interval

Hi all, 2013 C250 coupe. 300 miles overdue for A3 service. My wife wants to go to the beach tomorrow. Maybe 600 miles total and she really wants to take her Benz. Would this get into being excessively overdue?

May just change the oil and filter in the garage tonight to be safe or take a different car. Thanks
Old 09-03-2017, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
That far to the beach? It's 80 yards for me, lol. I think it would be ok. Typically with good oils the oil analysis tend to show they are holding up well at 10k. It's often the filter that goes first.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:35 PM

2017 GLC300, 2013 C250 Coupe (sold), 2008 CLK 550 Cabrio (sold), 2002 C240 Sedan (sold)
Thanks, thats just about what I thought too, but I still wanted to ask here. Your a lucky guy to live that close to the sea! We're in the RDU area of NC and drove down here to Myrtle Beach, SC.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C350 Sport
Myrtle Beach?

Originally Posted by Cntrypckr
Thanks, thats just about what I thought too, but I still wanted to ask here. Your a lucky guy to live that close to the sea! We're in the RDU area of NC and drove down here to Myrtle Beach, SC.
Never mind an oil change... Make sure you have a handgun! MB was in the top 5 most dangerous places to visit...

Don't worry about the oil..... MB was 15k for an oil change.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 201 Posts
A car
Originally Posted by Cntrypckr
Hi all, 2013 C250 coupe. 300 miles overdue for A3 service. My wife wants to go to the beach tomorrow. Maybe 600 miles total and she really wants to take her Benz. Would this get into being excessively overdue?

May just change the oil and filter in the garage tonight to be safe or take a different car. Thanks
No way in hell would I go over. On my non direct injected/PFI W204 I shredded engine oil at 10,000 KILOMETERS.

Just don't.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:46 PM

2015 C350 Sport
direct injected haters club

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
No way in hell would I go over. On my non direct injected/PFI W204 I shredded engine oil at 10,000 KILOMETERS.

Just don't.
You really need to chill.... Everyone knows you hate direct injection engines...... Maybe start a new website "DI Haters.org"

Does oil have an expiration date? Does it have a label that says "change your oil @ 10k or @ 10.1k your engine will die?" That is just BS like changing your oil @ 3k.

BREATH.......... DI is not the end of the world.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by tommiett
You really need to chill.... Everyone knows you hate direct injection engines...... Maybe start a new website "DI Haters.org"

Does oil have an expiration date? Does it have a label that says "change your oil @ 10k or @ 10.1k your engine will die?" That is just BS like changing your oil @ 3k.

WTF sort of comment is this? This thread is about whether or not the OP is fine going over the threshold.

IMHO it isn't. That's why I provided the opinion. Who made you a SME in anything?

Have you even posted a UOA? No, you haven't. Oil doesn't expire (virgin synthetic doesn't for all intents and purposes), but we're not talking about virgin oil here.

You've been here how long and have posted how many detailed posts?

Please.

You want to run your oil into the ground? Fine - your call.

I bet you're one of those people who believe that diff oil is lifetime, as is tranny oil, eh?

Last edited by superangrypenguin; 09-05-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:38 PM

2015 C350 Sport
FEEL BETTER NOW?

WTF sort of comment is this? This thread is about whether or not the OP is fine going over the threshold.

IMHO it isn't. That's why I provided the opinion. Who made you a SME in anything?

Have you even posted a UOA? No, you haven't. Oil doesn't expire (virgin synthetic doesn't for all intents and purposes), but we're not talking about virgin oil here.

You've been here how long and have posted how many detailed posts?

Please.

You want to run your oil into the ground? Fine - your call.

I bet you're one of those people who believe that diff oil is lifetime, as is tranny oil, eh?
Waiting 600 miles is not going to make any difference in any good oil..... Do you stop you car when it gets to the oil change millage? Call for a tow. Don't want to drive it with bad oil....... And DI as NOTHING to do with the OP post. Give it a rest.......

How many times have you make a comment about DI in your post? You have been on this site for 7+ years with 43 thanks. That comes to about 6 per year. Guess others are NOT thanking you for DI hate post. I'm going to let this one die... Hope I provided some stress relief for you.

I hope for no hard feelings... Just my opinion. Take care..... In my DI engine........ LOL....

SORRY TO THE ADMINS FOR GOING OFF TOPIC... Your welcome to delete....

Last edited by tommiett; 09-06-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Waiting 600 miles is not going to make any difference in any good oil..... Do you stop you car when it gets to the oil change millage? Call for a tow. Don't want to drive it with bad oil....... And DI as NOTHING to do with the OP post. Give it a rest.......

How many times have you make a comment about DI in your post? You have been on this site for 7+ years with 43 thanks. That comes to about 6 per year. Guess others are NOT thanking you for DI hate post. I'm going to let this one die... Hope I provided some stress relief for you.

I hope for no hard feelings... Just my opinion. Take care..... In my DI engine........ LOL....

SORRY TO THE ADMINS FOR GOING OFF TOPIC... Your welcome to delete....
LOL.

Some of us are comfortable with our packages and don't a ruler.

Some of us also spent 5+ years not being on this site, but I guess you wouldn't know since your time spent on here.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
2012 GLK

Just don't.
lol wut? calling bs here on your "shredded oil", sample or not. Yes it was 10,000 mile oil but it didn't turn into water...

Who made you a SME in anything?

Oil doesn't expire
actually, some oils & fluids do have shelf life with expiration dates. typically used in aerospace sector. no im not a SME.

^ This.

soccer moms are driving over their intervals by thousands of miles regularly. 600 miles is nothing, especially on basis by percentage.

Last edited by B737; 09-09-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:13 PM

2015 C350 Sport
Your Living on the Edge...

Originally Posted by B737
lol wut? calling bs here on your "Shredded oil" sample or not. yes it 10,000 mile oil but it didn't turn into water...

actually, some oils & fluids do have shelf life with expiration dates. typically used in aerospace sector. no im not a SME.

^ This.

soccer moms are driving over their intervals by thousands of miles regularly. 600 miles is nothing, especially on basis by percentage.

Careful...... The "DI Gestapo" is going to trash you!
Old 09-09-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 72 Likes on 70 Posts
Mercedes w204 4matic sport
Careful...... The "DI Gestapo" is going to trash you!
=....

OP, as a rule of thumb I never go over the interval on any of my cars, if anything I'm pretty aggressive with it. But a couple hundred miles over won't kill the engine, just don't make it a habit!
Old 09-10-2017, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
You guys do what you want with your cars. Enjoy. Might as well just not bother changing your engine oil

#DIENGINESRULE

****ing morons.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:09 PM

2013 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport (W204)

Seriously lol. Dont get me wrong I love my car. But, I still cant change it at 3k miles. Maybe I dont love it enough. Idk. But I know I personally cant wait for 15k. So I do it every 7-8k. I dont understand the hate for DI motors. I would expect MB who is a very well-known and reputable brand to test and adjust the issues with DI motors. If DI motors were that terrible no one would use them.