C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

TPMS Alerts after alignment/rotation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300
TPMS Alerts after alignment/rotation

I just got an Alignment and Rotation done, and now I'm getting the Low Tire Pressure warning. I've checked the air in all 4 tires and they are consistent (I run with 30 psi in the front and 35 psi in the back). Is this something anyone experiences frequently or ever before? I got the work done at a local shop that does alignments (and obviously rotations) for MB, but it seems like they may have bungled putting the wheels back on since the TPMS is acting up.

The shop is offering to take a second look, but naturally, I'm skeptical they will "fix" the issue because presumably they don't think they made any mistakes in the first place.

Any color on the situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by chugden21
I just got an Alignment and Rotation done, and now I'm getting the Low Tire Pressure warning. I've checked the air in all 4 tires and they are consistent (I run with 30 psi in the front and 35 psi in the back). Is this something anyone experiences frequently or ever before? I got the work done at a local shop that does alignments (and obviously rotations) for MB, but it seems like they may have bungled putting the wheels back on since the TPMS is acting up.

The shop is offering to take a second look, but naturally, I'm skeptical they will "fix" the issue because presumably they don't think they made any mistakes in the first place.

Any color on the situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reset the TPMS on the console/dash so it can re-establish a baseline. Make sure you have the tires pressure set correctly front/rear.