C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iOS 11 not working with MMI?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
Angry iOS 11 not working with MMI?

Has anyone had issues with the new iOS 11 in their car? It seems since updating my car has given me so many errors, first it was stating I had two cables plugged in at the same time, not possible on a 7 +, so I used bluetooth for two days, then it went to playing music but would never fully connect to MMI, would just keep spinning on screen, couldn't change songs, reverted back to bluetooth. The past few days though it has been connecting but after plugging in, about 2 minutes of playing whatever was left on, it will change the song, in my case to Chandelier by SIA, and will be in a continuous loop of that song until I go in and choose a song. It's always the same song it changes to and will sometimes randomly do it all over again. Overall it just hasn't been fast AT ALL, everything takes time now if it even connects at all, it isn't as seamless as it used to be and it doesn't feel as smart as it used to be. I purchased the lightning to mmi cable from Mercedes for about $62 and some change a few months ago, I went in thinking I may be able to switch it out but I couldn't find my receipt or date of purchase so I left, but he said when I do find it they will have to take the car in to make sure there is nothing wrong with the car before exchanging the cable. I hadn't even thought this could be an issue caused by Apple but now thinking about it my phone has become terrible after updating to iOS 11 and I'm assuming it is affecting this as well. The car is a 2013 c250, phone is an iPhone 7+ 256 gb with only 36 gb used so it's not like its at capacity at all, and the cable is a genuine mercedes updated mmi lightning cable for the car.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:00 PM

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
18 E63S
THERE'S AN UPDATE FROM APPLE [11.3] this should correct a lot of audio issues.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:32 PM

C250
Thanks! This seemed to help a lot, still getting the multiple accessories attached error but after reconnecting a few times it finally loaded onto the screen for the first time in a few days.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:30 AM

2012 C250C Sport Coupe; 2008 c-300 4M
My 2012 C250 Coupe. worked seamlessly with iOS 10 and I could not be happier, car/phone integration was simply perfect. Then, just after I upgraded to iOS 11 the car stopped recognizing my phone (iPhone 6s). I plug it to MMI and the car reads "No device connected". It's like my phone is not there. iPhone says my software is up-to-date with iOS 11.2.1 and I simply cannot find where to get iOS 11.3, seems it is not available yet...?

Any help would be appreciated. As it is, there is absolutely no MMI connection between car and phone. Immensely frustrated !
Old 04-04-2018, 11:17 AM

iPhone worked seamlessly with MMI on my 2012 C250C. The moment I downloaded iOS 11, my car read "No device connected" when connecting the phone. It NEVER recognized my phone again, not even after the couple of updates to iOS 11 that supposedly would fix this issue. No fix. I am ready to ditch apple and replace with Android. It seems the only way to go to get MMI to integrate with my phone again. Either that or get a new mar. I contacted Mercedes, Apple, and even Santa Claus. No one has a solution for this. iOS 11 is simply incompatible with Mercedes MMI MY2012. If anyone has a solution to this, I would love to hear it.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:26 PM

Well... I just downloaded and installed iOS 11.3 hoping it would fix the issue of my MY2012 c-250C not recognizing my iPhone 6s after iOS11.
It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Upon connecting my iPhone 6s to MMI I still get "No device connected". It streams just fine via Bluetooth, but does not work on cable connection ti. Extremely frustrating.
Anyone know how to fix this, short of replacing phone and car?
Old 04-19-2018, 10:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by horive
My 2012 C250 Coupe. worked seamlessly with iOS 10 and I could not be happier, car/phone integration was simply perfect. Then, just after I upgraded to iOS 11 the car stopped recognizing my phone (iPhone 6s). I plug it to MMI and the car reads "No device connected". It's like my phone is not there. iPhone says my software is up-to-date with iOS 11.2.1 and I simply cannot find where to get iOS 11.3, seems it is not available yet...?

Any help would be appreciated. As it is, there is absolutely no MMI connection between car and phone. Immensely frustrated !

so I just got my C250 coupe last weekend...and the service guy said there was no way to get car play on the screen,...are you talking just playing music? do I thru USB in center console?
any help would be great. Thanks
the bluetooth drops frequently, so I would like to hard wire