C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

ABS and ESP inoperative See owner's manual-Run flat indicator car is miss-behaving!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 CDI 2008 100KW
ABS and ESP inoperative See owner's manual-Run flat indicator car is miss-behaving!

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum so sorry if I'm doing something wrong,
Got a C200 Diesel 2008 100kw Automatic, 217,000Km
Got these warnings 2 days ago and looked online and was convinced its battery has low power and cant power the electric systems.
ABS and ESP inoperative See owner's Manual
Run Flat Indicator Inoperative
I also have the Left airbag waring light which comes one and goes from time to time but I don't think it has to do anything with the actual problem.
Today as I started the car, the warning lights were not there and I just assumed that the battery was maybe cold that gave low power. But then after driving the car I figured it is behaving really weirdly, and kept gasing and breaking and shaking weirdly by it self and breaking to stop felt like there are stones in the break disks pushing the break pedal up and down. So I had to put it in N til it makes a rolling stop. The transmission was also acting not as it would always behave. I figured turning ESP off would making it behave a little better and it did.
As I was in the middle of the road, I kept going til I reach the dealership with slow speed and while I was on the way, the same warning lights came back and the car stopped miss behaving and didn't do all the weird.
I still parked it at the dealership and took the bus home so I can get them to look at it on Monday.
Does anyone came up with the same problem? Is something is broken or just computer error and how much should I count on spending?

Thanks in Advance for your response guys!
Old 10-30-2017, 05:27 AM

Received 79 Likes on 78 Posts
W204 C220CDI 2011
ABS and ESP inoperative See owner's Manual
Run Flat Indicator Inoperative
Together I would guess these indicate the failure of a wheel hub ABS sensor.
The dealer will find that using STAR.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 c300 4 matic sport
i had the warning light come up before as well but car was driving normal.i got lucky for me it was a 30$ fix just needed a new break light switch. Could be a lot of things, just let the dealer or any mechanic who has STAR get the code.
good luck
Old 06-08-2023, 11:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mercedez
I apologize for bringing up this old thread. I had a similar issue with my vehicle recently; the ABS, ESP Malfunction, Run Flat Inoperative came out to my dash, I scanned it myself and found out that I had a bad ABS wheel speed sensor. I Immediately purchase and replace the wheel speed sensor myself, reset the code and it works normal now. I came across an in-depth article that may be worth reading. Search for "Run Flat Inoperative. ABS, ESP, Malfunction on Mercedes-Benz on YOUCANIC" and you will see an article that goes over common causes and possible fixes. You can read about it yourself. I hope this information can assist someone else with a similar issue.